Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If we were still seeing a shortage in vaccine supply and people didn't have the option to get vaccinated, I would 100% agree with you, but we're at a point where risk for most people is completely in their control. If people are making plans to take vacation and not making plans to protect themselves before they go on vacation and refusing to follow guidance to wear masks if they're unvaccinated when they are still encouraged to do so, it's on them. If I'm not mistaken, Universal as well as many airlines and hotels are still being flexible with booking vacations while these restrictions are lifting.

The vaccines are incredibly effective and are making your risk of contracting COVID-19 in public lower than the risk of contracting the flu.
Honestly this sounds similar to what I said a year ago when COVID-19 was first going down. I said healthy people should be able to go out, spend money, and wash their hands as needed, if people got sick it was on them, we just needed to separate healthy from those at risk, and we don't need to shut down the economy. I was wrong.

For those who are unvaxxed...

As someone who grew up in a cult which brainwashed it's members into a false belief, I sympathize with the millions in this country who have been fed a lie. I don't fault them for their ignorance and do not wish them death.

I also understand that even if I were to wish ill upon these people, the healthcare system who is still dealing with thousands of emergency room visits deserve our help. Doctors and nurses deserve a break from this; they're the ones who need a vacation.

And aside from the ignorant unvaccinated, there are still millions who are immuno compromised. They can and will contract COVID-19 due to someone else who visited a theme park and didn't take precautions.

And aside from the ignorant unvaccinated, there are still millions who are immuno compromised. They can and will contract COVID-19 due to someone else who visited a theme park and didn't take precautions.

The immunocompromised are who I worry about. It's not just a "going to a theme park" as that seems to be a low point of transmission but instead any number of normal activities they have to partake in.

The immunocompromised are who I worry about. It's not just a "going to a theme park" as that seems to be a low point of transmission but instead any number of normal activities they have to partake in.

I agree with this, which is why I said "most people."

Well, as a society, we could have started by not protecting those who lie about being vaccinated.

I honestly have 0 problem with requiring proof of vaccine to go maskless or vaccine passports personally, but I just don't think that it's a practical requirement. I work in a hotel and we just aren't staffed, nor can we find the staff, to adequately enforce mask usage in addition to meeting basic guest expectations right now.

I agree with this, which is why I said "most people."

I honestly have 0 problem with requiring proof of vaccine to go maskless or vaccine passports personally, but I just don't think that it's a practical requirement. I work in a hotel and we just aren't staffed, nor can we find the staff, to adequately enforce mask usage in addition to meeting basic guest expectations right now.
That's unfortunate, but falls under "we as a society have allowed people to lie."

My daughter is 11 and is not eligible for the vax. We plan to have her wear her mask, and we likely as well even though were vaccinated.
I can guarantee the majority of people in the park will not do either.

Personally im still pretty worried about it. We don’t really want her to catch Covid even if the effects on kids have been mostly minimal.

we all received vax ID cards for a reason I thought. I personally would feel much better about going out, if they were required. I understand lots of people feel much different about this.

As someone who works at the parks and was extremely cautious for well over a year (and still am, just take more risks since being vaxxed and the guidelines being changed), I will say that the lack of masks in the parks is something I have gotten used to quickly and personally does not bother me much, but I understand everyone is going to go at their own pace in being comfortable around people without masks.

I have to wear a mask anyway for my job, so i'm also not talking directly maskless to maskless either, so maybe that plays a little into my comfort level.

That's unfortunate, but falls under "we as a society have allowed people to lie."

I think that's been a cornerstone of our society since at least the Antebellum era. My trust in society is still at an all-time low, but I trust the science that tells me that my vaccine will keep me from dying and will probably keep me from getting sick.

I think that's been a cornerstone of our society since at least the Antebellum era. My trust in society is still at an all-time low, but I trust the science that tells me that my vaccine will keep me from dying and will probably keep me from getting sick.
Me too, but I'm not my only concern.

Stopped by to try the new JW beer and hit the tribute store and of you’re still uneasy about crowds, stay alway. The security checkpoint is an absolute mess with shoulder to shoulder people. I’m ok with it being fully vaxxed since December but others might not be ok with it.
That checkpoint should be avoided anyway. Ubering to a hotel on property and taking the walking path in is always the move if possible.

That checkpoint should be avoided anyway. Ubering to a hotel on property and taking the walking path in is always the move if possible.
Drive from Ocala so not possible. It wasn’t horrible but it’s still an absolute mess.

Reactions: RevFreako
Drive from Ocala so not possible. It wasn’t horrible but it’s still an absolute mess.
It wasn't *awful* yesterday afternoon, but the wait times were way higher than I was willing to work with. Did Velocicoaster and then just did laps to get my steps in.

Reactions: SeanPhilly

If you want to be dropped off and in USF within about 3 minutes, get dropped off here.
CJqfHl5.jpg

If you want to be dropped off and in USF within about 3 minutes, get dropped off here.
CJqfHl5.jpg
That used to be my spot, but Security stops you at the last parking lot entry down that road. Have them drop you off at the entrance to the side lot, and you're at the front gate in 4-5.

I've been staying at Cocoa Beach since Sunday and literally it's been like we've transported to an alternate universe here (where I assume they dropped restrictions as soon as the governor said go). I imagine it would've been even more shocking just a few weeks ago when masks were still required outdoors in most places, though. In the five (5) days we've been here, I have not seen a single mask on someone's face. Granted most everyone is spending a lot of time outside, but even when inside at bars and restaurants (or just general common spaces) you see nothing around here.

That's got nothing to do with Universal, but I guess that's more of an overall warning that that's what you're in for if you do visit the beaches here in Florida. Tbh, it hasn't bothered me really at all because as I said, we're almost always outside (or in our room), but some may have an issue with it.

I've got to ask..if you prove you are vaccinated why the masks indoors for workers? Like I don't get that