Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Galaxy Defender
I love this concept currently at WDW.

BREAKING: Walt Disney World Introducing FuelRod Service to Revolutionize How Guests Charge Electronics | WDW News Today

I think Pokemon Go is seeing a surge in portable charging batteries recently.

It sounds like they're allowing guests to get batteries for free after the purchase of the first? I got confused at the end because it said guests can just charge with their own cable. :saywhat: Just bring your own charger and find an outlet?

I love this concept currently at WDW.

BREAKING: Walt Disney World Introducing FuelRod Service to Revolutionize How Guests Charge Electronics | WDW News Today

I think Pokemon Go is seeing a surge in portable charging batteries recently.
Punny. :)

Cool idea with the swapping out. But from the look of it those are probably about 2000 milliamp. One of those would not fully charge a big phone. Of course you could then swap it out with in the park the same day to finish charging your phone. But you can buy ones that size for about $10 with a flashlight built in, or one with much more capacity for not much more money.

I can also see an entire family would start using one and keep swapping it out throughout the day at the parks. I would wonder about the reliability of the units after being exchanged the number of times.

I have an entire collection of external batteries. I love them.

Still, a neat idea and a good effort on the part of Disney.

It sounds like they're allowing guests to get batteries for free after the purchase of the first? I got confused at the end because it said guests can just charge with their own cable. :saywhat: Just bring your own charger and find an outlet?
Too many people need a charging and too few outlets. Besides that is very slow. I have seen poor souls sitting by an outlet in the parks letting their devices slowly charge. Being able to swap out your batteries or have an external charger charging your phone as you walk along is much more convenient. When you put your stuff in a locker is the perfect time to hook up your device to an external battery.

I have mentioned I own many external batteries and have a tech background. I highly recommend Anker has my manufacturer of choice for reliable inexpensive external batteries. It is also who I trust to get replacement batteries for my devices. You can find them on Amazon.

Too many people need a charging and too few outlets. Besides that is very slow. I have seen poor souls sitting by an outlet in the parks letting their devices slowly charge. Being able to swap out your batteries or have an external charger charging your phone as you walk along is much more convenient. When you put your stuff in a locker is the perfect time to hook up your device to an external battery.

I have mentioned I own many external batteries and have a tech background. I highly recommend Anker has my manufacturer of choice for reliable inexpensive external batteries. It is also who I trust to get replacement batteries for my devices. You can find them on Amazon.

Well that's why we have you here. I know how to surf the internet, use my Xbox One, and create power points and that's about as techy as I get.

Very popular old book...novel yes and not only two big Universal projects which leads me to believe potential theme park attraction.

Either that..or, could we see a futuristic London as the entrance area of the third gate? That would actually when you think about it; open the door up to a lot of interesting choices that they can make in-terms of attractions for UC.

That would also tie up into what you said as "Brave New World"; allowing you to leave the modern day and to see what lies within all kinds of literature/Film/TV/Gaming in specific ways.

Reactions: Mike S
Either that..or, could we see a futuristic London as the entrance area of the third gate? That would actually when you think about it; open the door up to a lot of interesting choices that they can make in-terms of attractions for UC.
Fear Factor replacement?

Fear Factor replacement?

When you read the edited post; you see that if "Brave New World" ties into that London, it could be much like how Main Street took you from the real world and into new places that are unique and exclusive.

That would also kill a lot of hope for Amity or Doc Brown's institute of Future Technology to return; but I think that'd be an interesting premise that everything you see is somewhat new for the third gate.

When you read the edited post; you see that if "Brave New World" ties into that London, it could be much like how Main Street took you from the real world and into new places that are unique and exclusive.

That would also kill a lot of hope for Amity or Doc Brown's institute of Future Technology to return; but I think that'd be an interesting premise that everything you see is somewhat new for the third gate.

Not exactly Doc Brown...I mean the doc can be in the future and be the leader into the Brave New World. (Name definitely growing on me)

Not exactly Doc Brown...I mean the doc can be in the future and be the leader into the Brave New World. (Name definitely growing on me)

So are we looking at this to be an original attraction then, much like 10K Leagues from TDS then, if it isn't going to include Mr. Brown?

Either way, something tells me that this will be apart of the entrance area of the third gate; but I can be wrong.

The idea of a Futuristic London style Port of Entry is really growing on me and sounds like it could be awesome :D

I was really just spitballing.
Would Brave New World just be the entrance or the name of the park?

So, it was brought to my attention that IF it is true Great Movie Ride is going away, that could free up the MGM licenses used there (which are owned by Warner). That would include the movie Wizard of Oz, which would still be a great get in a theme park for a themed land/attraction. It's one of the few evergreen properties that is not Disney.

So, it was brought to my attention that IF it is true Great Movie Ride is going away, that could free up the MGM licenses used there (which are owned by Warner). That would include the movie Wizard of Oz, which would still be a great get in a theme park for a themed land/attraction. It's one of the few evergreen properties that is not Disney.
That would be absolutely amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.