Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 272 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just feel as though Nintendo as a cohesive theme would be easier and also more exciting.

We already have DreamWorks in the existing parks and the Fantastic Beasts film are hardly big enough to carry another HP land.

I mean, who WOULDN'T want to see properties that we've never seen in theme parks before?

The fact remains that Nintendo has 2, MAYBE 3, properties that would really draw people. The rest are all middling properties with little to no recognition in the general populace.

More people know who Shrek, Toothless, and Poppy are than will ever know who Samus, Captain Falcon, and KK Slider are.

I personally don't think Pokemon would be a very good idea despite what others have suggested. It just feels too niche from my point of view.

It's legitimately the most successful video game franchise currently going. Mario has the years on it, but nothing sells like Pokemon.

The fact remains that Nintendo has 2, MAYBE 3, properties that would really draw people. The rest are all middling properties with little to no recognition in the general populace.

More people know who Shrek, Toothless, and Poppy are than will ever know who Samus, Captain Falcon, and KK Slider are.

An easy 7 lands:

Mushroom Kingdom as entrance, Pokemon, Hyrule, Metroid, DK, Animal Crossing, with Smash Bros as the hub.

I don't mean to be dramatic or anything like that - just not a DreamWorks fan (I'm sure I've already made that apparent lol). I just can't see people getting excited over something we've already seen (Dreamworks/Illumination in a park).

I just can't see people getting excited over something we've already seen (Dreamworks/Illumination in a park).

Because we haven't seen most of DreamWork's heavy hitters represented in a park? Especially at current Universal Creative's level? All we've got from DreamWorks in UOR is Shrek 4-D. If you put a highly themed HTTYD area, Shrek area, and Trolls area in the new park, people will definitely get excited. Those would certainly excited more people than a Metroid or Animal Crossing land would.

Because we haven't seen most of DreamWork's heavy hitters represented in a park? Especially at current Universal Creative's level? All we've got from DreamWorks in UOR is Shrek 4-D. If you put a highly themed HTTYD area, Shrek area, and Trolls area in the new park, people will definitely get excited. Those would certainly excited more people than a Metroid or Animal Crossing land would.
Respectfully disagree.

An easy 7 lands:

Mushroom Kingdom as entrance, Pokemon, Hyrule, Metroid, DK, Animal Crossing, with Smash Bros as the hub.

I don't mean to be dramatic or anything like that - just not a DreamWorks fan (I'm sure I've already made that apparent lol). I just can't see people getting excited over something we've already seen (Dreamworks/Illumination in a park).

We’re already getting four of those lands you mentioned (MK, Zelda, Pokemon, DK), Smash could work as a show, but not a land, Metroid wouldn’t work as a full-fledged land, and Animal Crossing does not belong in a theme park.

I think DreamWorks will be family, not a kids area. A dedicated kids area is needed in this park

I’m not exactly sure that they need a dedicated kids area. DW and Nintendo speak for themselves, and multiple other parks in Florida don’t have one.

They could always use a smaller DW IP as a kids area if they want to.

Reactions: JMalez
I don't know if anyone has said this but doing a whole Nintendo park wouldn't work because. Say you're given the option for a 4park ticket but one park is completely one theme that no one in your family is interested in, then why waste the money. Just get a 3park ticket. But if the park isn't just Nintendo and there is something else there too then why not get the 4park ticket.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Respectfully disagree.

I mean, okay, but all you have to do is look at the sales numbers.

Metroid as a series has only sold 16.7 million units over 11 games. That's an average of 1.5 million units per game, which is laughably small. Animal crossing has sold about 33 million copies over 6 games, for an average of about 5.5 million sales per game. Decent numbers, but nothing spectacular.

Meanwhile, take TROLLS, which is the lowest performing DreamWorks film that seems destined to show up in some capacity at UOR. It made about 347 million dollars in theaters. Using that metric and not counting home sales, Netflix views, etc, and with an estimated average ticket costing ~10 dollars, it would mean around 35 million people saw the movie in theaters. That's 2 million AC has sold total, and over double of what Metroid has sold in its entire history.

We’re already getting four of those lands you mentioned (MK, Zelda, Pokemon, DK)

We're for sure getting 2, if you really want to stretch the DK area as a "land". We hope/speculate we're getting 2 others

We’re already getting four of those lands you mentioned (MK, Zelda, Pokemon, DK), Smash could work as a show, but not a land, Metroid wouldn’t work as a full-fledged land, and Animal Crossing does not belong in a theme park.

I’m not exactly sure that they need a dedicated kids area. DW and Nintendo speak for themselves, and multiple other parks in Florida don’t have one.

They could always use a smaller DW IP as a kids area if they want to.

They need one or families with young kids won’t go to the park if there’s nothing there for them.
I mean, okay, but all you have to do is look at the sales numbers.

Metroid as a series has only sold 16.7 million units over 11 games. That's an average of 1.5 million units per game, which is laughably small. Animal crossing has sold about 33 million copies over 6 games, for an average of about 5.5 million sales per game. Decent numbers, but nothing spectacular.

Meanwhile, take TROLLS, which is the lowest performing DreamWorks film that seems destined to show up in some capacity at UOR. It made about 347 million dollars in theaters. Using that metric and not counting home sales, Netflix views, etc, and with an estimated average ticket costing ~10 dollars, it would mean around 35 million people saw the movie in theaters. That's 2 million AC has sold total, and over double of what Metroid has sold in its entire history.

We're for sure getting 2, if you really want to stretch the DK area as a "land". We hope/speculate we're getting 2 others

This can’t be stated enough. As popular as people think computer games are, they’re minuscule in comparison to films.

Yikes. I don’t check into this thread for a few hours and wow.

Also, not sure we really have enough to judge the success of the Fantastic Beasts series, considering only 1 movie has come out so far.
Really don’t need to for it to be theme park ready. It has creatures(check), HP related wizards(check), food options(check), and good action. It will work fine for a ride and section.

Really don’t need to for it to be theme park ready. It has creatures(check), HP related wizards(check), food options(check), and good action. It will work fine for a ride and section.
Yea I think it’s great for the new park. I was referring to some of the comments a few pages ago about the film series not being good enough to build attractions for. I think it’s a great world, even if the films don’t succeed (which I think they’ll do just fine honestly).

Also, not sure we really have enough to judge the success of the Fantastic Beasts series, considering only 1 movie has come out so far.
I always thought this was more of a lock for Beijing than anything else. I believe (but too lazy to check) that the first movie has done far better internationally than domestically.

I always thought this was more of a lock for Beijing than anything else. I believe (but too lazy to check) that the first movie has done far better internationally than domestically.
Isn’t that every movie? It did about 280 million domestic. Compared to 380 for Deathly Hallows 2.

$280 million domestic is more than what both HTTYD movies and the TROLLS movie brought in domestically (and in the case of TROLLS and HTTYD 2, considerably more).

If we're just looking at domestic, FANTASTIC BEASTS has a far better argument to be included in the next park.

it's funny how things got really silent all of a sudden on jaws, back to the future, Ghostbusters possible revivals even bringing back the terminator whic is still relevant since they sre coming oit with another film. Tell me one reason why Terminator will never ressurect at Universal Orlando?

it's funny how things got really silent all of a sudden on jaws, back to the future, Ghostbusters possible revivals even bringing back the terminator whic is still relevant since they sre coming oit with another film. Tell me one reason why Terminator will never ressurect at Universal Orlando?

Because Disney owns Fox?

Status
Not open for further replies.