USF Project? | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have been more explicit:

I'm not saying everything before 2010 will definitely close and be replaced. But goog by past events I think it's safe to just assume nothing is sacred and be prepared for anything and everything to go at a moment's notice
I would be super mad if they removed HRRR, Mummy, or E.T

Reactions: tankart150
I really wish they wouldn't use FFL for more Potter. They need to move on from that now or they are going to become known just for Potter, something I already feel is happening a little here in the UK.
The Ministry of Magic has been a planned expansion since Diagon opened. I think it's just taken somewhat of a backseat to a few surprise additions on Universal Creative's plate in recent years.

EDIT: And I will say, if we do end up getting the MoM attraction, I don't want to get my hopes up to much. It's not going to be another Potter E-Ticket ride... More like Ollivanders 2.0, with interactive storytelling elements with a tour guide or small-scale shows for intimate groups of guests. The set design would be incredible though. But not expecting a ride, or even a full-blown "show." Just a unique experience.

Realistically, I think this will be the last of Potter at the current resort. They could be doubling the amount on offer currently and as much as we could argue about longevity of the IP, the other side of the coin is how much Potter are we, the fans prepared to have before it's too much and wish they would diversify into other projects?

Upon saying that, does this mean that Universal are going to go all out and leave no piece of land untouched?
If FFL ends up being the presumed MoM- the only way I see them adding more HP is if they don't actually use all of the DC plot. If we get Forbidden Forest and the Shack and some extra shops/snacks- and they only use 5 of the ~8 acres- then I think we see a final HP expansion as that area will be marked as an expansion plot. And quite literally, what else could they put back there in the middle of Hogsmeade other than potter? That's when we see Great Hall and maybe another attraction.
But I'm greedy- Im like Veruca Salt. I want it all and I want it now. And a rebuild/move of Hippogriff while we're at it.

I really wish they wouldn't use FFL for more Potter. They need to move on from that now or they are going to become known just for Potter, something I already feel is happening a little here in the UK.
I disagree on the point that they shouldn't use FFL for more potter. MoM is an intricate part of HP. By not using it- we'll always be wondering what it would have been like.
Likewise, Forbidden Forest, Shrieking Shack, Black Lake and Great hall are all intricate parts of HP. I'm pleading with every HP bone in my body that they incorporate all 4 of those with the DC expansion.

And I'm not even this massive HP fan- just a theme park one.

Think about it like this- we always get "snippets" of areas or movies or land. This would be the first that we get everything. From 7 books and 8 films! It would be unprecedented. For this reason alone, I hope they do it. Then "Potter expansion" would never be mentioned again because there would be nothing else to do. With that and Nintendo anchoring USF- they can get onto fixing everything else that needs it.

EDIT:
EDIT: And I will say, if we do end up getting the MoM attraction, I don't want to get my hopes up to much. It's not going to be another Potter E-Ticket ride... More like Ollivanders 2.0, with interactive storytelling elements with a tour guide or small-scale shows for intimate groups of guests. The set design would be incredible though. But not expecting a ride, or even a full-blown "show." Just a unique experience.
I'd be fine with that- and if they use a little land for a table service British Fare as part of London- all the better.

And I will say, if we do end up getting the MoM attraction, I don't want to get my hopes up to much. It's not going to be another Potter E-Ticket ride... More like Ollivanders 2.0, with interactive storytelling elements with a tour guide or small-scale shows for intimate groups of guests. The set design would be incredible though. But not expecting a ride, or even a full-blown "show." Just a unique experience.
That sounds ideal, honestly. The perfect family friendly, different type of experience to compliment Gringotts.

So just to be clear, signs are pointing to something going into FFL’s plot and something else replacing an attraction to be named later, as well? Plus Nintendo, and the Dragon Challenge replacement at IOA. That’s… aggressive.

As exciting as all this talk is, Revenge of the Mummy being removed would gut me. It replaced my favorite ride in the park (Kongfrontation) and went on to become my favorite ride in the park today. So of course Universal wants to close it! I never thought I’d be in a position of rooting for T2 to close (to spare Mummy, or MIB, for that matter), but these are the kinds of Sophie’s Choices Universal is apparently forcing on me, unfortunately. I can't imagine what they could possibly, realistically put in there that would be a more appealing blend of IP and ride approach for me.

I could go for some kind of a walk-through/effects showcase. But my real desire would be for a (relatively) small-scale, all-ages dark ride through the Department of Mysteries. Something weird and eerie, but not with so much edge that kids can't ride it.

If FFL ends up being the presumed MoM- the only way I see them adding more HP is if they don't actually use all of the DC plot. If we get Forbidden Forest and the Shack and some extra shops/snacks- and they only use 5 of the ~8 acres- then I think we see a final HP expansion as that area will be marked as an expansion plot. And quite literally, what else could they put back there in the middle of Hogsmeade other than potter? That's when we see Great Hall and maybe another attraction.
But I'm greedy- Im like Veruca Salt. I want it all and I want it now. And a rebuild/move of Hippogriff while we're at it.

I disagree on the point that they shouldn't use FFL for more potter. MoM is an intricate part of HP. By not using it- we'll always be wondering what it would have been like.
Likewise, Forbidden Forest, Shrieking Shack, Black Lake and Great hall are all intricate parts of HP. I'm pleading with every HP bone in my body that they incorporate all 4 of those with the DC expansion.

And I'm not even this massive HP fan- just a theme park one.

Think about it like this- we always get "snippets" of areas or movies or land. This would be the first that we get everything. From 7 books and 8 films! It would be unprecedented. For this reason alone, I hope they do it. Then "Potter expansion" would never be mentioned again because there would be nothing else to do. With that and Nintendo anchoring USF- they can get onto fixing everything else that needs it.

EDIT:

I'd be fine with that- and if they use a little land for a table service British Fare as part of London- all the better.

That's kind of my point. Any expansion land is going to be surrounded by Potter so that's what it's going to have to be but do Universal go all in now or wait a few years when people might be getting a little fed up of it.

I think The Great Hall needs to be in Hogwarts, no where else will work. Upon saying that, an entrance at Hogwarts and having it else where will work just as well and using a technique similar to Be Our Guest will create the effect needed.
more potter will line the coffers for the 4th park.

If you're not a fan of Potter, that's the way to look at this. It will generate enough cash and confidence to build even more.

This is probably going to be the land that built a park.

Reactions: Andysol and Mad Dog
If they put MoM in FFL think it could be the puzzle theater patent? That looks compact enough to fit without going into the lagoon. If they filled that whole section @scott_walker posted then MiB is really stuck back in a corner. If they could extend London over the front of FFL then the entrance could be through there.

Looks like Andy says nothing is happening anytime soon. Hope that doesn't mean we have to look at a closed FFL for a year. I'd rather look at walls

Reactions: Joel
Maybe just because of HHN but who knows

OpfONdQ.gif

If they were removing it from the map I think they'd remove the stage graphic too. It's just gone normally for HHN.

And here is that hope dashed for now...;)

I would really like some sort of walk through show in the vein of Poseidon. Ministry of Magic, Chamber of Secrets, Black Forrest, etc plenty of good options. They could make this amazing with current tech, eat crowds, and bring more diversity/accessibility to the harry potter offerings.

I went ahead and did a quick sketchup sight plan for this project. I can't see it taking up MIB. As you can see in the rendering, taking FFL and MIB would dwarf the size of Diagon. I can definitely see some pathways being rerouted and it just taking up FFL. So yea, enjoy my renderings :p

Attachments

• MOM_Sketchup_Rendering_1.jpg
    MOM_Sketchup_Rendering_1.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 56
  • MOM_Sketchup_Rendering_2.jpg
    MOM_Sketchup_Rendering_2.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 54
To personally say, when MIB eventually goes. I am betting Doctor Who would be the most likely replacement for the MIB space, for a few reasons...
I wonder what percent of the universal visitors are British post HP. While Dr. who is popular there and pretty well followed in america, do outer countries follow it much?

Status
Not open for further replies.