USF Project? | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have been more explicit:

I'm not saying everything before 2010 will definitely close and be replaced. But goog by past events I think it's safe to just assume nothing is sacred and be prepared for anything and everything to go at a moment's notice

Och, you tease :lol:

I brought the up in another thread, but is Harry Potter still a big enough property that will bring people to the parks? It doesn't have a lasting appeal like Star Wars or Marvel does. I think it might be overkill at this point. It's been 6 years since the last movie and Fantatic Beasts wasn't exactly a smash hit. People move on to other things.
:doh:

Reactions: Andysol
We were warned a while back "the resort will be unrecognizable in a few years time"
Well that's what happens when you become addicted to snorting money and "cosmetic" surgery.
b4758386313c7f32a286fabf5c375a46.jpg

Last edited:
I brought the up in another thread, but is Harry Potter still a big enough property that will bring people to the parks? It doesn't have a lasting appeal like Star Wars or Marvel does. I think it might be overkill at this point. It's been 6 years since the last movie and Fantatic Beasts wasn't exactly a smash hit. People move on to other things.

We still have 4 more Fantastic Beast movies to go, I wouldn't be surprised if it appeared in the park at some point. There's still a lot of scope for storytelling especially with the introduction of Dumbledore in the next installment.

So at USF we seemingly have...
2018 - F&F
2019 - FFL replacement
2020 - Nintendo
2021 - Possible MIB/Mummy/T2/etc replacement?
Does anybody else wish IOA would get more attention? In ten years USF will have gotten Minion Mayhem, Springfield, Transformers, Diagon Alley, Escape from Gringotts, Hogwarts Express, Race through New York, F&F, possibly MoM, and Super Nintendo World. In that same ten years, IOA will have gotten Hogsmeade, Forbidden Journey, Reign of Kong, and... more Potter. I really feel like IOA is getting neglected, especially when Marvel and Jurassic World are extremely hot e-ticket-able properties right now, and while Toon Lagoon and Lost Continent become more and more irrelevant by the year. Does anybody else agree?

Reactions: Blue
Yes, that is impending.

Uni is coming at SW:GE with a Potter Double Whammy up front and Nintendo at the rear. Back in college we used to call that a good ol' fashioned "spit roasting".

Insane that in the next 5-ish years of Orlando theme parks we're potentially getting:
-Toy Story Land (2 new rides)
-Fast&Furious
-Star Wars Land (2 new rides)
-Ratatouille
-TRON
-Forbidden Forest
-Ministry of Magic
-Nintendo (At least 3 rides)
-Guardians
-Mickey
-New MK Theater
-Volcano Bay expansion
-Blizzard Beach expansion
-Adventura
-WNW Hotels
-SW Hotel and Riviera
-Uni Park 3 and accompanying hotels

That's 15 new attractions, 3 new lands, a new park, and 5 new hotels at the very least

Insane that in the next 5-ish years of Orlando theme parks we're potentially getting:
-Fast&Furious
-Ratatouille
-TRON
-Forbidden Forest
-Ministry of Magic
-Guardians
-Mickey
-New MK Theater
-Volcano Bay expansion
-Adventura
-WNW Hotels
-SW Hotel and Riviera

That's 15 new attractions, 3 new lands, a new park, and 5 new hotels at the very least

This is more than the last 20 years probably and this is skipping the SeaWorld river rapids.

Reactions: tankart150 and Joel
-Fast&Furious
-Ratatouille
-TRON
-Forbidden Forest
-Ministry of Magic
-Guardians
-Mickey
-New MK Theater
-Volcano Bay expansion
-Adventura
-WNW Hotels
-SW Hotel and Riviera

:clap::clap::clap:

On a downside, watch those ticket prices soar:(

Reactions: tankart150 and Joel
-Fast&Furious
-Ratatouille
-TRON
-Forbidden Forest
-Ministry of Magic
-Guardians
-Mickey
-New MK Theater
-Volcano Bay expansion
-Adventura
-WNW Hotels
-SW Hotel and Riviera

Now THIS is the "theme park wars" i've been waiting for. People have been using the term for years, but it's mostly just been Universal as the sole player on the battlefield. Now that Disney has stepped up to the plate, we're finally getting what we've been promised.

Great time to be a theme park fan.

-Fast&Furious
-Ratatouille
-TRON
-Forbidden Forest
-Ministry of Magic
-Guardians
-Mickey
-New MK Theater
-Volcano Bay expansion
-Adventura
-WNW Hotels
-SW Hotel and Riviera

It took a couple of years of Universal's goading but Disney is now fully drawn into the "Orlando Theme Park Wars".

It took a couple of years of Universal's goading but Disney is now fully drawn into the "Orlando Theme Park Wars".
By the time SW:GE opens in 2019, it will have taken Disney almost 10 years from Hogsmeade opening and almost 13 from when Hogsmeade was announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.