Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USF Project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they get rid of Feat Factor and don't build more Potter they should be sued for theme park malpractice. It's the only other Potter expansion plot they have. They'd be foolish to use it for anything else.

Disney is opening up a STAR WARS land. Uni should open 2 new Potter rides to combat it, no question
Waterworld? Or a 007 stunt show that uses a rethemed Waterworld stage :) it could be set in Dr. No's Laboratory and all the bond villains reunite in an attempt to stop him one last time. There would be a fake missile launch with opening roof, animatronic sharks (nod to JAWS) and plenty of real explosions :)

Bring back Wild Wild West Stunt Show and make a Westworld land. So meta.

Waterworld? Or a 007 stunt show that uses a rethemed Waterworld stage :) it could be set in Dr. No's Laboratory and all the bond villains reunite in an attempt to stop him one last time. There would be a fake missile launch with opening roof, animatronic sharks (nod to JAWS) and plenty of real explosions :)

The James Bond show would work well with the London facade.

What I heard wasn't for FFL or Shrek, BUT I know this is a tight lipped project and there is probably lots of misinformation out there.
So, it's sounding like there are actually two projects (not counting Nintendo) coming in the future for the Studios park.
* A new attraction, at a location undisclosed at this point in time. This could be replacing an existing attraction (not Shrek or Fear Factor), or located on an expansion plot. Waiting for future details from Joe (Test Track).
* A non Potter replacement for Fear Factor. Probably within the near future, or within the year. A couple of interesting ideas have been bandied about on this thread. Universal is supposedly considering a few different proposals.

Last edited:
So, it's sounding like there are actually two projects (not counting Nintendo) coming in the future for the Studios park.
* A new attraction, at a location undisclosed at this point in time. This could be replacing an existing attraction (not Shrek or Fear Factor), or located on an expansion plot. Waiting for future details from Joe (Test Track).
* A non Potter replacement for Fear Factor. Probably within the near future, or within the year. A couple of interesting ideas have been bandied about on this thread. Universal is supposedly considering a few different proposals.

Not what I'm saying. There's a USF project between now and Nintendo opening.

Not what I'm saying. There's a USF project between now and Nintendo opening.
I don't see it happening unless Nintendo is significantly delayed.
18' USF/F&F
19' IoA/HP3
20' Nintendo. So unless late 2021 or 2022 is Nintendo, which I doubt, I just don't see it.

We'll also have WnW Resorts and a VB expansion in that time.

Who says they can't open more than one thing in a year though? They could easily do something in USF in 2019 or early 2020 before Nintendo.
They could...

Maybe it's just that I wasn't aware Joe was an insider- Wouldn't this be the first initial info broken by him?

Would be nice if this were to be a permanent original haunt based of Universal Monsters.

Only if the permanent haunt was a plussed Haunted Mansion. Walk through all year haunts are not great.

As much as I would love a year round scary haunt or ride I think the timing's too tight for this. If they're trying to have the USF project and Nintendo working at the same time wouldn't be (again) two areas of USF under construction at the same time? Even if it's hidden behind KZ and the FFL stage that may congest things quite a bit.

Like this?
Artwork%2Bby%2BRalph%2BMacQuarrie%2Buniversal%2Bjames%2Bbond%2B007.jpg

They could...

Maybe it's just that I wasn't aware Joe was an insider- Wouldn't this be the first initial info broken by him?
Joe has had a good number of reliable info releases/clues/hints over the years. As with any unofficial info, one can't always divulge everything known in order to protect sources and/or avoid C&D letters from Disney/Universal legal. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.