USF Project? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear things and rather have others break news.

tumblr_obzujs2ztw1qjkyhho1_500.gif

View attachment 4930

Just to throw out some info about the plot of land between MIB and Diagon.

Was the land to the north where the houses are sold off the same time as the newly reacquired land to the south.

That would have been a pretty sweet plot of land to still have.

Couldn't several buildings be moved to the previous D.C. Spot too?

If D.C. Is 8 acres, and say the new attraction with small expansion of hogsmeade is hypothetically 4 acres- could they move several backstage areas to D.C. Which would allow them to expand other areas in USF or IoA?

That would not only give them a future potter expansion pad, but allow them to incorporate new Properties around the park.

Reactions: Scott W.
Couldn't several buildings be moved to the previous D.C. Spot too?

If D.C. Is 8 acres, and say the new attraction with small expansion of hogsmeade is hypothetically 4 acres- could they move several backstage areas to D.C. Which would allow them to expand other areas in USF or IoA?

That would not only give them a future potter expansion pad, but allow them to incorporate new Properties around the park.

I don't think there's much of any back of house stuff in that plot of land.

The current state of Universal shows just how much of a luxury, Disney has with all the land. Universal is playing a constant game of musical chairs between building new attractions, demolishing old buildings and moving back of house around.

I'm not sure how much is still filmed at USF but the sound stages are a good plot of potential expansion of needed.

I think the DC plot will have an expansion pad build into it as I can't see the new coaster taking up that much land.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I think the DC plot will have an expansion pad build into it as I can't see the new coaster taking up that much land.

I can't imagine them holding off another expansion for Potter. I think this and maybe FFL plot are it for expansions. At some point theres going to be diminishing returns on expansions. So holding more back at the DC plot or future expansion is risky. It has to be Potter because it's surrounded. Maybe a future FB attraction, but what if that series doesn't sell like Potter? Then they are stuck.

I don't think there's much of any back of house stuff in that plot of land.

The current state of Universal shows just how much of a luxury, Disney has with all the land. Universal is playing a constant game of musical chairs between building new attractions, demolishing old buildings and moving back of house around.

I'm not sure how much is still filmed at USF but the sound stages are a good plot of potential expansion of needed.

I would think they would move some of the soundstages & mgt. areas to the new resort once it's developed. That would open up expansion space.

They could purpose build Park 4 to be their new Horror Nights park, with much better capacity and purpose built structures.

Not saying they will, but they definitely could as HHN at USF is a cluster these days.

Honestly, I had the distinct feeling that they would just use both IOA and USF eventually for Horror Nights, to not make it as congested as it usually gets and to allocate for having a larger capacity to fill, even if it would be a bit strict on how they would handle things.

Honestly, I had the distinct feeling that they would just use both IOA and USF eventually for Horror Nights, to not make it as congested as it usually gets and to allocate for having a larger capacity to fill, even if it would be a bit strict on how they would handle things.
This is me not knowing anything about HHN. I always assumed that there was a trade-off for closing a park for HHN. Universal would have to look at lost attendance to the parks, lost merch sales, lost food, etc, etc. And by keeping one park open for non-HHN people, you didn't have to worry about that. All of the normal USF crowds would just go to IoA for the night.

This is me not knowing anything about HHN. I always assumed that there was a trade-off for closing a park for HHN. Universal would have to look at lost attendance to the parks, lost merch sales, lost food, etc, etc. And by keeping one park open for non-HHN people, you didn't have to worry about that. All of the normal USF crowds would just go to IoA for the night.
HHN sells plenty of merchandise itself and 10000000x more alcohol than a normal day and that's worth far more than anything.

Reactions: tankart150

I have to think, that the parade building will leave after this year's blitz of the special events (Holidays/Horror Nights); and if the Tents next to that goes, you have to think where else they can go, as I can't see them clutter the soundstage maze locations. That, would be a bad thing for everyone involved.

No info on that, but they would be idiots if that's not part of the plan.

I hope you are right, but I sincerely don't think they will have any thought for Horror Nights when it comes to that park.

Yes, I agree with you. With all of these on site hotel rooms, and more to come, they really need to have a park open for regular guests who do not want to go to HHN. Not everyone is a HHN fan or wants to attend HHN. The numbers are a lot different from when they only had 3 hotels and apx. 2500 rooms. It's a new ballgame now. HHN makes a ton of money, but Universal is large enough now that they need an alternative for all those people in those rooms that don't want a late afternoon & night of HHN.

Last edited:
Reactions: tankart150

Keep in mind- when they open park 4, then that can be the "non-HHN" park also and they do could afford to do it at IoA and USF. Or just the new park. Lots of options, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.