USH: 50 Year Anniversary ideas | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

USH: 50 Year Anniversary ideas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Okay now i agree with allen that the park does something for water world as first there is something i want to adress from the 40th year anniversary. in the 40 year anniversary we got one the biggest

attraction until 2010 with king kong as it was the mummy. now revenge of the mummy had its years as in 2007 it left one of the best endings in the park attraction lineup as many people really pissed before simpsons and there comes why i put mummy on the list as mabye for the ten year anniversary of rotm mabye universal will have it closed after horror nights but then again theres transformers...

I think Universal will  do something for the 50 anniversary it might not be grand but I guessing they will celebrate. We dont know whats going on in the plaza it might well be a new entertainment venue(like 5 towers but smaller). Not hoping for anything big but the park will be in full operation next year with all attraction working and no construction with in the current theme park(I dont include potter since gibson is not a current theme park attraction). This will mark the first year that all current venues and attractions in the park will be operational. So excited.

^ I still think Curious George or Shrek will close, but maybe Hogamede will be the last phase of construction.

And I think the most we'll realistically see for the 50th anniversary will be some form of "street show", character driven shown, or something similar. Ideally we'd get a full blown World of Color type of show that plays tribute to the park's history. Scenes could be ET, BTTF, Kong, Mummy, Simpsons, T2, Despicable Me, Blues Brothers, Lucy, Shrek, Transformers, and some othet stuff. There's a bunch to pull from

If there supposed to be closing the studio tour entrance and taking up the tram car depot. Im thinking that potter will enter were studio tour currently enters and gibson and tram depot will have attractions for potter. I dont think they want hogsmead were shrek is at it would over crowd the area as it currently always is. I dout shrek or water play area is going anywhere soon.

I do seem pretty pessimistic about Universal doing anything for their 50th Anniversary, but a guy can dream can't he?

One of the questions that guests ask me when I work there (mostly tourists from outside the state/country) ask if we have a fireworks show or a nighttime spectacle. of course I have to say no. I really wish we had the room for one. One Idea I'm hoping their implementing to the Universal Plaza is a rather generously sized lake where they can have a night-time water spectacle for the guests.  Its in the middle of the upper lot and if they make it where it can be viewable from all angles, then I can definetly see them working in a night time show in there. This is my own opinion but I hope they try to do this.

I was thinking about a lake that would span from Universal plaza area to the back of Mexican Restaurant and Studio Tour Store area. Removing Flint Stones games and food and using part of existing lake. Now thats a dream! That would be a great size and leave enought room for table siting around partial parts of the lake,

I was thinking about a lake that would span from Universal plaza area to the back of Mexican Restaurant and Studio Tour Store area. Removing Flint Stones games and food and using part of existing lake. Now thats a dream! That would be a great size and leave enought room for table siting around partial parts of the lake,
I would love a lake, but I'm not sure the park could handle a feature like that well. If anything, it could create an even worse bottleneck and make the park feel much smaller than it actually is.

Honestly if they didn't update the ancient Starway music for the 100th anniversary of the company I doubt they'll do anything for the 50th anniversary of the theme park.

Although I still recommend an update of the Starway music. Please Universal!
I really loathe that entire recording. There's still traces of the early 2000s in there from KUSH. Boy.

Maybe someone should post a recording on YouTube if they decide to get rid of it one day. Just for safe measure. ;)