USH Price Increase! | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

USH Price Increase!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Raise the price of a 1-Day ticket to $119 and rename the 2016 Season Pass to "Buy a Day/ Rest of 2016 Free pass".

Really stupid to only have a $4 price gap between the 1-Day ticket and Season Pass especially after a 15 year run of having the Buy a Day Pass- by far the parks most popular "AP". 

Reactions: Sydney
They're trying everything right now

just saw a commercial that used minion mayhem for the park 

buy a season pass today

So there will be a new pass introduced next month. I can't imagine them hitting those numbers even with TWD opening this month. 

Part of me laughs but another part understands what they were trying to plan for, it's a no win situation for them but it will definitely help us as the consumer. 

Next month as in August?  Because my current pass (one of the last of the old Platinums) expires at the end of July, and I need to decide soon what sort of pass I'll be getting next. 

Cut once, cut deeply, and cut quickly.

Making changes like this on such a prolonged and systemic scale is - quite simply - bad. They have no one else to blame but themselves.

I'm still annoyed with Universal for that crazy price difference in their platinum pass within a single year. I went from their platinum pass to their costco annual pass and with that price difference also got Disney's lowest pass and Knott's highest pass. To me, Universal just isn't worth that much for a single park as much as I enjoy it.

Very curious to see the attendance figures in July. 

They definitely won't lower prices, but probably will try more tricks until they can earnestly add benefits to the passes like PARKING. I'd be shocked if they raised prices, probably going to wait until their attraction lineup actually matches them and inflation catches up.

I am very annoyed by all the pass changes. I got stuck with a pass I never would have bought if some of these other options had been available at the time I bought it. I want to upgrade, but I'm willing to bet that in about 2 months time an even better pass will be introduced and I'd have to upgrade yet again. (Personally, I'd like to see the guy, who came up with the original new pass structure, resign to spend more time with family - which is the current corporate executive euphemism for "get fired.") 

And after the crowd reports from yesterday, I'm sticking with what I've got for now as I have no desire to be at Universal when it's that crowded.

As an interesting side note, apparently Disney was very quiet this weekend...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Allia
Does anyone know how the attendance was this weekend? It really seems that USH has a big problem in its hands. If it wasn't bursting in the seams this weekend then we can say that they are in trouble. I was planning on going this summer but considering all the changes in the AP i will wait until I get a good deal. Maybe the Premium Star pass makes a comeback.

Regarding the premium pass situation, I don't expect them to lower the price for it as that would make them look wimpy. They want to be like Disney in terms of value but the locals know they're not up there. What I could see them doing is adding any other benifit they can to the platinum and have one of the lower passes have parking included. I think the lack of provided parking is what will REALLY win back the locals. That will give some incentive for platinum without diminishing its value entirely and win back some locals. 

Saw a new Costco pass last night.  It was called the Annual Pass plus pass, and it had 246 days.  $159.99  I think this is the best deal right now.

http://www.costco.com/Universal-Studios-Hollywood-Annual-Pass-PLUS---eTicket%2c-California.product.100286770.html

Universal Studios Hollywood Annual Pass PLUS - eTicket, California

Features:

eTicket, Enjoy 246 Days of Fun Including Select Weekend Dates! Valid for 12-Consecutive Months from Selected First Visit Date. Come any Date on the First Visit. Black-out Dates Apply for Return Visits. First Visit Must Occur On or Before 1/31/1

So, I was checking the Costco website to see if we got any new passes for Universal Studios, lol.

It looks like the Annual Pass PLUS is no longer available and the lower priced pass of $109.99 has been updated with more dates.

http://www.costco.com/Universal-Studios-Hollywood-Annual-Pass-eTicket%2c-California.product.100306781.html

Universal Studios Hollywood Annual Pass eTicket, California

Features:

Come any date on the first visit. 250 available days for return visits including 45-weekend days*. Valid for 12-Consecutive months from selected first visit date. Black-out dates apply for return visits. First visit must occur on or before 6/15/17. Universal City, California, Delivered via email.

The Annual Pass PLUS may still be available at their stores, I will look out for them next time I am there.

It might get even worse: rumors are trailing out now that the Platinum passes are about to get Gate A instilled and Gold will get parking instilled.

If that's indeed true, oh boy...

Reactions: BernardMesa
That wouldn't bother me.  I still think that for the money, they should let Platinum park anytime.  But Gate A would be a fun perk.

And confirmed via IU: 

It is about damn time... and a little worrying too.

Oh my gosh!!!!! YES!!!!!! HOLLA!!!!!! 

It's about dang time Universal! This is what they should've done since day one! I figured they would do this. At least next year I can save $$$$ by downgrading to gold. The free parking was all I wanted.

Now is the parking for Platinum good for the entire day or just until 5PM? Anyone know?  

Reactions: 12th Man
Seriously, the worst part for me is that I gave in and bought the season pass a couple of weeks ago since I thought that was the best deal out there.  I have no idea when this new Costco pass became available, ugh.  I should have checked, but didn't think to, blah.  

Tell me about it. This new pass is way cheaper too. I feel like such a moron. 

Now is the parking for Platinum good for the entire day or just until 5PM? Anyone know?  

I believe the entire day now. Don't hold me on that. 

Also, can they just please announce Plastic AP cards already. It would give incentive for Uni to add an extra date to this already bamboozled never ending blackout dates for guests to pick up their new cards AND get an AP card that doesn't wash away! Win-Win! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: javierm27