Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Y'all joke but I bet this is still fresh enough in memory that it happens. Or maybe even Universal encourages it.
Millennials were a mistake, Gen Z has it right

It's funny to me how Dreamworks/Illumination films translate to meme culture so well

Shrek, Megamind, Boss Baby, Minions...

THIS is what Micheal Eisner was really afraid of when Universal came to town

I have a crazy idea lol…

Minions, for a more “thrilling” ride, would fit well in a Transformers like attraction…
That would actually be awesome! Have the storyline be that you’re joining gru on a heist, and minion mayhem can finally be used for something else!

Would any future minions attractions take place during the despicable me films or during the prequels?

When rumors of Villain Con first broke back in 2018 when it was a trackless ride, the rumor said the booths had the ability to be changed out easily over time to keep the attraction fresh. Is this part of the rumor still true in the attraction's current form?

When rumors of Villain Con first broke back in 2018 when it was a trackless ride, the rumor said the booths had the ability to be changed out easily over time to keep the attraction fresh. Is this part of the rumor still true in the attraction's current form?
Definitely not part of the current rumor

I mean, are not the "booths" just going to be projection surfaces? Would be fairly easy to update scenes if that's the case.

Though that's also been the promise of other attractions like Midway Mania and it hasn't actually materialized.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
So... The end of 2022 is gonna be coming up quickly, and if this is still set for a spring opening, shouldn't that mean they formally announce Minions here pretty soon? Maybe after HHN ends?

So... The end of 2022 is gonna be coming up quickly, and if this is still set for a spring opening, shouldn't that mean they formally announce Minions here pretty soon? Maybe after HHN ends?

The lack of visible progress/updates is curious, but I unfortunately think we'll have to wait until after the holidays to hear anything official.