Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 250 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks too much like Aquatica to me, which I deem as tacky. Now obviously Krakatau sets it apart from Aquatica, but point still stands.

I much prefer the way Disney built their water parks and how they Uber-themed the slides so they blended in with the surroundings.

Doesn't mean I won't enjoy VB, though.
Slides are like roller coasters. They are easy to hide in mountains if you use mediocre slides.

It looks too much like Aquatica to me, which I deem as tacky. Now obviously Krakatau sets it apart from Aquatica, but point still stands.

I much prefer the way Disney built their water parks and how they Uber-themed the slides so they blended in with the surroundings.

Doesn't mean I won't enjoy VB, though.

I think it can go both ways. Sometimes over-theming actually makes you feel a bit isolated and that can be a negative thing in a water park. It's a very fine line and of course it comes down to each guest's personal preference but guests seeing other guests having fun is particularly important in a water park I think. For example, I enjoy being able to see as much as possible while I'm waiting to get on a slide. Even if these lines are supposed to be "shorter" they'll still exist. Being surrounded by "rock walls" for example while I was waiting in line for slides at TL was kind of annoying. Volcano Bay is going to be really beautiful. The tropical landscaping and Volcano are something begging to be seen. Over-theming the slides would inevitably restrict sight lines and I think they did the right thing by toning things down in certain areas. Obviously this hypothesis will be tested when the park opens. Interested to see if feelings change for those wanting heavier themed slides.

There's not actually going to be ANY parking at the park itself, they are building special tram lanes from the main Universal garages traveling behind Royal Pacific and Sapphire Falls. You'll get off on one side of Adventure Way and walk through a tunnel to the Volcano Bay entrance. There was a permit filed a while back with a diagram. I think someone even said a few days ago in the thread here that construction is supposed to start on the changes to the south garage soon.

So people in Cabana Bay will have to go all the way around? There wont be direct access from the tower area like a walkway?

Are we really discussing the attractiveness of visitors to the parks? :blank:
Every time we go that's a big point of discussion. On the hotness scale it's Universal #1 (fit 20/30 somethings with no kids), SeaWorld #2 (more hot foreign visitors in ratio to locals), then Disney #3 (home of the MILFs and DILFs). Generally the percentages/rations of hot to scary works out that way IMO.

Are we really discussing the attractiveness of visitors to the parks? :blank:

We aren't discussing anything we don't all know already:

That we men are simple minded imbeciles. The only thing I fear is that women finally make the decision that they don't actually need us anymore with the advances in modern science. But until that day, I'm checkin them out :peace:

These past couple of posts talking about women are the main reason why I don't feel comfortable posting here very regularly. Hot girls! Beer! We get it! Please just keep those posts in the chit chat section.

I kind of agree with NextBigThing on some points. Wouldn't call it tacky per se, and I feel like the theming on the outer slides aside from those incorporated into or near Krakatau is effective, but it seems a bit too cookie cutter for the Potter-level of theming we've been seeing. I'm sure it's a budget issue, but I'd like to see some show elements added to the outer slides.

Reactions: TDBLMT and Nick
oh live a little, it was just a joke. I'm sure all walks of life will come to visit Volcano Bay. All shapes and sizes.

Every time we go that's a big point of discussion. On the hotness scale it's Universal #1 (fit 20/30 somethings with no kids), SeaWorld #2 (more hot foreign visitors in ratio to locals), then Disney #3 (home of the MILFs and DILFs). Generally the percentages/rations of hot to scary works out that way IMO.

We aren't discussing anything we don't all know already:

That we men are simple minded imbeciles. The only thing I fear is that women finally make the decision that they don't actually need us anymore with the advances in modern science. But until that day, I'm checkin them out :peace:
This is such a stupid discussion and pure locker room talk. How the hell can you know what resort has the most attractive visitors? A wide array of people visit the parks every single day.

Status
Not open for further replies.