Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 309 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple bits from what I see in his vids
1. Definitely not an elevator but rather an escalator that will bring 95% of guests up the incline.
2. The winding path is for ADA and Strollersee
3. Trams will come from garage
4. Resort busses will drop off and pick up to left of main entrance.
5. The large bell like structure suspended above tiki hut next to wave pool probably is warning signal for incoming waves
6. Those private cabanas will definitely have music pumping in them non stop lol

For that building at the front - they built a tunnel below grade and underneath a road in Florida. I don't know what exactly it is but I do know they didn't install some extensive drainage system because of how little deep digging below the pedestrian level there was.

So it could be a pump, it could be an elevator, it could bean escalator, heck it could be a security shack for all I know.

Reactions: RollermanDan
Couple bits from what I see in his vids
1. Definitely not an elevator but rather an escalator that will bring 95% of guests up the incline.
2. The winding path is for ADA and Strollersee
3. Trams will come from garage
4. Resort busses will drop off and pick up to left of main entrance.
5. The large bell like structure suspended above tiki hut next to wave pool probably is warning signal for incoming waves
6. Those private cabanas will definitely have music pumping in them non stop lol
I don't think that is an esclator building. Never seen one attached to one even outdoors. See :Citywalk

This is how I see the area:

CQ4DEhP.jpg

Purple area is an escalator coming up from the tunnel. The red area is an elevator. The green area is a ramp.

Does anybody have any recent images from Nearmap of the site?

Ha, was this question in anyway prompted by my post in the SWL thread? A comparison image of volcano bay like the nearmap one would be awesome.

not since those f'ers stopped the free trials haha

They still do a free trial but you need to wait for contact, lets see how I get on :lol:

Couple of Bioreconstruct updates for the morning:

Last edited:
What do you think the little temple thing in the front is? I honestly am not sure thought it could be an escalator entrance at one point.
I really don't think it's going to even be an escalator. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure that escalators are generally supposed to have stairs adjacent, and that little temple area doesn't look anywhere near wide enough to have both up and down escalators and stairs.

one thing i find interesting is i havent seen a single commercial dedicated to VB
i ve seen a ton of Universal commercials just nothing specific for VB, commercials are more resort wide
wonder why

Reactions: Coasted
Ha, was this question in anyway prompted by my post in the SWL thread? A comparison image of volcano bay like the nearmap one would be awesome.

They still do a free trial but you need to wait for contact, lets see how I get on :lol:

Couple of Bioreconstruct updates for the morning:

I think that was the seed, I knew I seem it mentioned some where here on a recent thread.

I thought I managed to get it to work. You can go log in to Near Map with the username demo and password demo, you just can't fully zoom in. It flashes up for a second then disappears.

If you squint, you can make out....nothing.
nearmap.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan B and Nico
It's an escalator..... They're not going to put an elevator there cause it will jam up with the amount of traffic there. All wheelchairs and strollers will use the winding path. How confident am I it's a escalator? If it's not I'll do that giant drops life. Soooooooo yeah, you see where I'm going with this? Lol think logistics people.

It's an escalator..... They're not going to put an elevator there cause it will jam up with the amount of traffic there. All wheelchairs and strollers will use the winding path. How confident am I it's a escalator? If it's not I'll do that giant drops life. Soooooooo yeah, you see where I'm going with this? Lol think logistics people.

Why not both?

Reactions: JoeCamel
Why would they need the building for an escalator? None of the others onsite have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.