Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 310 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That bus is going to smell great.

They surely wouldn't use a fabric on the bus seats? I'm kind of hoping it's not a hard plastic either after a recent embarrassing situation in a steam room in Paris. I was lying down myself and the room got busier and busier so being the nice guy I am, I slide up the seat but my back fat created a vacuum resulting in a huge fart noise in front of 10 people, none of whom spoke English.

They surely wouldn't use a fabric on the bus seats? I'm kind of hoping it's not a hard plastic either after a recent embarrassing situation in a steam room in Paris. I was lying down myself and the room got busier and busier so being the nice guy I am, I slide up the seat but my back fat created a vacuum resulting in a huge fart noise in front of 10 people, none of whom spoke English.

LMAOOO

Was the fart noise in English or Scottish? ;)

It's an escalator..... They're not going to put an elevator there cause it will jam up with the amount of traffic there. All wheelchairs and strollers will use the winding path. How confident am I it's a escalator? If it's not I'll do that giant drops life. Soooooooo yeah, you see where I'm going with this? Lol think logistics people.
Is there any reason to suspect there's even an escalator there? It's not like it's a huge change in elevation, and stairs would suffice just fine. An escalator just seems so unnecessary.

Maybe it'll be a conveyer belt-type escalator, like HM at Disneyland.
escalator_repair.jpg

Lol, who knows. :lol:

Reactions: Trumen882
Maybe it'll be a conveyer belt-type escalator, like HM at Disneyland.
escalator_repair.jpg

Lol, who knows. :lol:

I'd imagine it would be more like the exit from Space Mountain with the bouncy rubber flooring but I think @epcyclopedia is bang on the money with how much of a liability any type of escalator would be. It would be slippery and those metal ends are giving me the fear just thinking about it.

I'd imagine it would be more like the exit from Space Mountain with the bouncy rubber flooring but I think @epcyclopedia is bang on the money with how much of a liability any type of escalator would be. It would be slippery and those metal ends are giving me the fear just thinking about it.
Ah, yes! I totally forgot about SM! Also, at any water park, how do your feet not burn to death? Hopefully VB won't have this problem because of the foliage, but other water parks are just pure concrete. (Sorry, I haven't been to a water park in years.)

Reactions: Scott W.
Ah, yes! I totally forgot about SM! Also, at any water park, how do your feet not burn to death? Hopefully VB won't have this problem because of the foliage, but other water parks are just pure concrete. (Sorry, I haven't been to a water park in years.)

The area I'm most worried about in VB is the stairs leading up the volcano which appear to be made from wood but hopefully the volcano will provide enough shadow and have enough spray from the waterfall.

Is VB convincing you to go to a water park?

Reactions: 12th Man
Are these faces? :shock:
33098295070_0542101826_b.jpg

And loving this directional sign!
33098295520_991b92011d_b.jpg

(Photos from @Bioreconstruct on Twitter)

Edit: So it IS an escalator!!! :lmao:The only question is... what kind.

Looks pretty standard but what is the building? Looks like the door will be on the side away from the escalator so still an elevator?

This is the first time I have seen pictures of them applying sealant to the drop basins of the waterfalls. As I recall, it is something kinda like that rubber spray junk they are selling on TV. The one where they seal the bottom of a boat etc. That gets concrete themed over so it won't appear black like that otherwise it is just painted basic rock color to match surrounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.