Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 313 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That one off kilter stream seems to be hitting some sort of basin or bowl in the rockwork and deflecting out. In real life this occurs but erosion quickly changes the rock feature so it follows what we consider a more natural path. Fake rockwork won't erode that way, so they're going to need to adjust it.

Also, upon seeing the water and some other concept work.. you know it's meant to have huge plumes of water shoot out the top right?

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
That one off kilter stream seems to be hitting some sort of basin or bowl in the rockwork and deflecting out. In real life this occurs but erosion quickly changes the rock feature so it follows what we consider a more natural path. Fake rockwork won't erode that way, so they're going to need to adjust it.

Also, upon seeing the water and some other concept work.. you know it's meant to have huge plumes of water shoot out the top right?
Think that is for the night show. They have cannons up there, Vol is angry, day is over so no more money.... or something like that.

Reactions: Mike S and sonoma15
I really think we shouldn't call it a nighttime show...
Universal labels it as a "nightly volcano show."
33460147446_3f3ba5320d_c.jpg

Reactions: JoeCamel

I agree with him. I do think that Universal should have 1 day ticket prices available at this point for locals and people planning vacations. Do I understand what Universal is doing from a business standpoint? Yes. Does that still make me less annoyed at the lack of information so far? No.

Reactions: Miketheboss
Don does what Don wants...When you're a successful YouTuber you will understand
Let me be clear, I don't disagree with a lot of what he's saying. I think that's more the annoyed video editor side of me coming out. I can admit I get quite a bit critical of that kinda stuff lol.

Outside of that I agree with what he's saying that it should be cheaper for one day tickets and calling it third gate is a bit off, but I also think that they're largely not trying to market this park to off site guests. Either way I still can't wait for the park even if I have my complaints with what they're pricing and labeling it as. I think it's gonna be amazing.

EDIT: Though one thing I'll add is using words like "ripping off", "lying" and "deceiving" are a bit much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and mcusi
I agree with him. I do think that Universal should have 1 day ticket prices available at this point for locals and people planning vacations. Do I understand what Universal is doing from a business standpoint? Yes. Does that still make me less annoyed at the lack of information so far? No.

The people planning vacations have been offered those vacation packages since November. Those are the people that would have been worried about a timeframe. Locals don't need as much time to plan. If they are coming, they are coming.

But yes, I want prices, too.

Let me be clear, I don't disagree with a lot of what he's saying. I think that's more the annoyed video editor side of me coming out. I can admit I get quite a bit critical of that kinda stuff lol.

Outside of that I agree with what he's saying that it should be cheaper for one day tickets and calling it third gate is a bit off, but I also think that they're largely not trying to market this park to off site guests. Either way I still can't wait for the park even if I have my complaints with what they're pricing and labeling it as. I think it's gonna be amazing.
Please understand how sarcastic I am being...That video is gawd awful :lol:

Ok I get the whole "third gate" debate, I feel like this might be something people are arguing over for awhile. But this video was annoying how half the argument was based on the size of the parks. Epcot and Hollywood Studies are perfect examples of how size means nothing except it just takes way longer to walk to through the barren parks.

Please understand how sarcastic I am being...That video is gawd awful :lol:
Honestly couldn't tell, I didn't wanna come off like I was just insulting somebody for no reason. I'm still a bit new on the forums and am yet to understand the boundaries of what people think is okay lol.

But yeah the video is bad. Though I understand some of his points. But using words like "RIPPING OFF", "DECEIVING", "LYING" and throwing all sorts of baseless accusations is completely ridiculous and honestly hilarious. The powerpoint style titles, 100 by 100 pixel backdrops and that intro were pretty incredible too.

Reactions: Joel
The people planning vacations have been offered those vacation packages since November. Those are the people that would have been worried about a timeframe. Locals don't need as much time to plan. If they are coming, they are coming.

But yes, I want prices, too.

Don't forget to fill out the feedback forms on their website and say how you couldn't find the information on ticket pricing that you wanted.

Reactions: Joel and mcusi
The size of a park is a bad way to measure of its quality. Both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios have mostly unused lakes in the middle that add to their acreage, but don't make them more "fun".

Waterparks should be small because walking barefoot on concrete can become tiring and even painful for some. I never like Blizzard Beach because of the distance between the slides. Wet'n'Wild was compact, and Volcano bay will be the same.

Volcano Bay is a high-end waterpark. Everyone complains about long waterpark lines, but then whines when the prices are raised to control the crowds. It's Supply and Demand. It makes sense that Volcano Bay will cost about as much as a ticket to UO or IOA.

Still frustrated that single day tickets are not on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.