Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little off topic, but I really wish Volcanoe Bay was more like the Atlantis water park. You literally chilled in a raft the whole time and the lazy river had outlets that lead to conveyors that lead to slides.

I'm actually not a huge fan of that. I thought it was cool at first for the novelty of it but I find being in a raft literally for hours at a time to be pretty uncomfortable.

There is a Speedway gas station on the corner of Turkey Lake Road and Production Plaza. Dragon Challenge is right next to it, just hidden by the fake foliage wall. :)
I've been there! You can even see the other side of the Hogwarts Express from there, and the dragon above the Diagon Alley buildings in the distance. Very cool.

that Rapids lazy river looks like a friggin blast. Would be a perfect way to change up the typical lazy river design while relating to its theme perfectly. This place is gonna be the best

Reactions: Mike S
Folks behind Shlitterbahn help design Atlantis waterparks. One of the most popular features a Shlitterbahn Parks are the Wave Rivers and the rapid rivers. Pro Slide has started installing their version of the wave rivers though this may be their first in North America.

Our annual passes expire today. We don't plan to return until the water park is open. Do you think we are safe renewing the passes and planning a trip at the end of April 17? Or should we hold off for more info and possibly go in May? It is a potential cost savings of$550 to renew now and go in the next year.

Our annual passes expire today. We don't plan to return until the water park is open. Do you think we are safe renewing the passes and planning a trip at the end of April 17? Or should we hold off for more info and possibly go in May? It is a potential cost savings of$550 to renew now and go in the next year.
Our passes expired in 2015 . We haven't renewed them and wont until 2017 no matter the cost.

It's tough to say because we don't have an exact date, but the park could be open by April - but it's speculation at this point. A $550 savings is a good amount, but to pay for a year and end up having VB not being open by then would be a tough pill to swallow. If you can easily swing it for a year, I'd say it's safe to roll the dice; but understand it technically is a gamble. If you are looking to make a couple cuts back on your budget, I'd wait til more solid info.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
One weekend I'm away and I come back to all the progress pictures posted by everyone which was nice. Close up of a slide piece on its way to VB:

A couple more from Bioreconstruct

Not sure if Park Pass's photos have been shared on here yet, if they have someone let me know and I will remove from this post, if not then enjoy :). Quite a few pictures if you follow the link to their website.

Last edited:
Hard for me to recommend Wet n Wild, but if you visit in July/August, you can be one of the first to try the new wristbands. Apparently it has a "watch face" that tells you it's time to go to a particular ride.

Same time frame, WnW will also be testing out the new VB menus. No tiki mugs (no big surprise there), but there will be Lapu-Lapu style drinks in pineapples. :clap::clap::clap:

Hard for me to recommend Wet n Wild, but if you visit in July/August, you can be one of the first to try the new wristbands. Apparently it has a "watch face" that tells you it's time to go to a particular ride.

Same time frame, WnW will also be testing out the new VB menus. No tiki mugs (no big surprise there), but there will be Lapu-Lapu style drinks in pineapples. :clap::clap::clap:

Great news, though we need some tiki mugs for the final park!

The wrist bands are a water park standard now. Plug and play system and pretty cheap (jab at MM+). My buddy Alan wrote about his use of them at the Columbus Zoo Water Park TR: Columbus Zoo & Zoombezi Bay (9/5-9/7/2015) | realtalkguidetoawesome

Status
Not open for further replies.