Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that wishful thinking?, cause it hasn't been the plan.

There's no way that garage will be big enough for VB, the hotel, and the convention center, especially when Sapphire is busy and/or there's a convention going on.

EDIT: Looking at the space that garage is going in, even though it looks like it will be 4 floors tall, I'd expect the capacity to be somewhere between Cabana Bay's garage and Portofino's. Likely closer to Cabana's.

Well then they're gonna be crap out of luck, because existing parking can't handle the theme park guests and WP guests, not to mention the bus area can barely handle Cabana Bay buses, let alone buses for the WP too.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to add that if they price this the same as their other "theme parks", it will fail miserably.

It won't.

The splitting hairs of whether an emersive waterpark can also be called a theme park is quite comical. I can't wait to spend a week in the UAE when all the under construction parks get open and YAS is up there with it's water bombing coaster.

Well then they're gonna be crap out of luck, because existing parking can't handle the theme park guests and WP guests, not to mention the bus area can barely handle Cabana Bay buses, let alone buses for the WP too.

- - - Updated - - -

It won't.

Eh, I think they'll only struggle with parking during spring/summer peak weeks like Easter, Memorial Day, and July 4th. Of course, those are also times when conventions don't seem to be occurring, so they could possibly use the Sapphire and Cabana garages for VB then if needed. The fall and winter peak weeks probably won't be too much concern with VB due to the typical temps that time of year. As for the bus area, I've never really seen it overwhelmed as it is right now, and it could easily handle a few buses for VB based on my observations.

They really should have made more garage space at Cabana knowing this was coming down the pipe.

As for the bus area, I've never really seen it overwhelmed as it is right now, and it could easily handle a few buses for VB based on my observations.

I disagree there. Cabana Buses often have a hard time in the mornings and in the afternoon. The area just was not designed to handle the load it has now.

I disagree there. Cabana Buses often have a hard time in the mornings and in the afternoon. The area just was not designed to handle the load it has now.

Evening as well, two evenings ago around 19h30 I was waiting for a city bus and the Cabana busses just came in one after the other, all about completely full.

Is there more space on the Sapphire Falls lot to build an additional parking garage? If my memory didn't serve me wrong, I thought Sapphire, Convention addition & garage only used a portion of that large lot.

What if guests will be able to rent out their own personal cabana hut for the day?
In the concept art there seems to be some elevated huts on the right side of the picture with platforms and staircases. It would be useful for big families who are trying to keep their kids and belongings together in one secure place. It would also just be really cool.

They keep mentioning moments of relaxation, so.. maybe VB will offer things like Polynesian dance classes or yoga. Something to elevate it above water park status and into Uni's "water theme park." Something no one has really done before at a water park.
If they're aiming for the whole experience to change the way you think about water parks, that would surely do it for me.

Interesting comment from insider Marni on Magic yesterday. In response to various poster's complaints about Universal closing their parks so early, Marni replied, "That's to change. In a big way. USO has finally come of age". I found that comment interesting, especially in lieu of recent OU discussions concerning early ending operating hours at Universal. And perhaps that portends Volcano Bay will be open on some selected evenings. And maybe new night shows & parades for the parks.

Interesting comment from insider Marni on Magic yesterday. In response to various poster's complaints about Universal closing their parks so early, Marni replied, "That's to change. In a big way. USO has finally come of age". I found that comment interesting, especially in lieu of recent OU discussions concerning early ending operating hours at Universal. And perhaps that portends Volcano Bay will be open on some selected evenings. And maybe new night shows & parades for the parks.

Polynesian islander revue show with sacrificial ceremony to the water slide tiki gods and after that the volcano goes berserk with water, lights and lasers

Hmmm... perhaps Cini Spectacular has proven to hold enough guests later, that they are ready to throw some massive bucks at a more worthy night time show.

Polynesian islander revue show with sacrificial ceremony to the water slide tiki gods and after that the volcano goes berserk with water, lights and lasers

And a wee bit of pyro I hope!

I pray it won't be $99, best case sinario it'll be included in the annual pass. Can't wait to see a map, wonder how it'll take advantage of it's small size

Like I said a few pages back, it will most likely be an "add on" ticket to the annual pass, much like BB or TL. Unless they are actually serious about this Third gate nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.