Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The third theme park/water theme park verbiage is confusing. They just need to up the ante on the whole water park experience and I think that they will, especially the new Universal that's an expert on revenue-adding experiences. There's plenty they can do that's already out there in water parks across the country, like Express, dining, beverage, cabanas, etc, and even more they can innovate themselves.

Enough for at least two more attractions, one of them major... both are already planned for. :thumbs:
Awesome... I really hope this park pushes Disney to add to TL or BB, but somehow, I really doubt that will happen knowing how they operate of late. :bang:

There's only so much you can do with slides if you theme them all the way. TBH, I'd rather have more slides and have some of them look a little bare than have only a few slides that can fit on the mountain. I don't really go to a water park to pretend that I'm on an island I can take a cruise to the real thing to, I go to a water park to do rides!

I really can't see any negatives about this project. In my lifetime, I dont think there has ever been a major theme park built from the ground up (except for IOA when I was maybe 5?). This is going to be really cool.

Disney's Animal Kingdom (1998)
Disney's California Adventure (2001)

Those were about the same time as IOA.

I think this is gonna be a problem to be honest. If people plan to take the taxi to Sapphire to then just walk to the park, its going to completely disrupt the process of the water taxis. They can't handle that type of volume. Maybe water taxis will become reserved for just hotel guests?(correct me if I'm wrong if that policy is there in place).

They are about to extend the water taxi loading platform in City Walk to add a spot for Sapphire; i guess we will find out if they plan on making a dedicated Water Park loading dock when we see if they add one, or two stations. lol.

^ When are the water taxis busy with people? Beginning and end of the day? I never saw them busy.

It generally seemed the Royal Pacific's was the busiest & Portofino's the least, & Hard Rock in between,when I go. There were times that there were only a few of us on the Portofino boat, but I nearly always saw the Royal Pacific pretty crowded. Different type of clientele I would guess. They usually ran extra boats at opening, closing & around dinner time, and the boats were usually busy at those times.. And if there was an event, like a private corporate party at one of the resorts, they added boats. But, I go during off season, so it may be different during peak seasons.

This is ride for ride equal to either of the two Disney parks if not greater than equal. Too, ride capacity overall is greater than either park. Be careful to not assume you can see it all in that painting.... Tons and tons of slides are hidden from view both behind the mountain and to the far right off the page...
I'm hoping it has at LEAST as many as Blizzard Beach. Typhoon has too few attractions and it gets crowded with ridiculous wait times.
The more big attractions, the better.

In Disney's defense, everything they are doing for the next 2 years has already been announced (RoL, Tree of Light Show, Frozen, Avatar).

But they don't deserve much defense because everything has taken them either years to build or is on the cheap. Though Avatar and RoL should at least be solid.

RoL?

Also, this closeup of the concept art from BehindtheThrills shows water slides that will not be completely themed into the volcano and have supports and their tubes showing almost like Aquatica. I can see these slides being the ones that are moved here from Wetn Wild, just repainted. You guys think so?

wpid-volcano_bay_hr_tcm70-52752-4.jpg

No Because it's concept art. It's purposed has been served.

In Disney's defense, everything they are doing for the next 2 years has already been announced (RoL, Tree of Light Show, Frozen, Avatar).

But they don't deserve much defense because everything has taken them either years to build or is on the cheap. Though Avatar and RoL should at least be solid.

When Disney announced Avatar, Frozen, RoL, and the Tree show Diagon Alley wasn't open. Avatar announcement Transformers wasn't open. It's really easy to compare what's announced today to what was announced years ago.

It stands for Rivers of Light nighttime extravaganza. I hate acronyms too.

Thank you for the clarification!

The way I see it, Universal should just expand the "resort boat dock" that they have at CityWalk to include a place where guests can take a Water Taxi to Volcano Bay. The walk from City Walk to Volcano Bay is quite a walk. One thing that could work would be if they expanded the resort walkway that Royal Pacific and Cabana Bay are located on to have a shuttle run from CityWalk to Volcano Bay. Just another way for people to get to the park.

When Disney announced Avatar, Frozen, RoL, and the Tree show Diagon Alley wasn't open. Avatar announcement Transformers wasn't open. It's really easy to compare what's announced today to what was announced years ago.
Honestly I don't even know what you are trying to say here. It was a simple point of everything announced is opening by sometime in 2017... which everything Disney has announced is also opening by.

Disney builds at a frustratingly slower speed and they build less frequent as obvious by now. I'm not saying anything other than Disney had nothing to announce because it already IS announced.

I do appreciate DIsney and Sea World announcing things before they are built. Universal drives me crazy with the crap.

Disney's Animal Kingdom (1998)
Disney's California Adventure (2001)

Those were about the same time as IOA.

Also Aquatica around 2009-2010.

- - - Updated - - -

They usually ran extra boats at opening, closing & around dinner time, and the boats were usually busy at those times.

The problem with water parks: they have a random de facto closing time most Summer afternoons. Thunder within 5 miles, the park suddenly shuts down for all intents and purposes, but can't really schedule extra boats (or buses) around that.

I don't care how next generation this park is, if parking is problematic, locals will stay away. And it will need locals for at least its first half decade to stay afloat.

Also Aquatica around 2009-2010.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with water parks: they have a random de facto closing time most Summer afternoons. Thunder within 5 miles, the park suddenly shuts down for all intents and purposes, but can't really schedule extra boats (or buses) around that.

I don't care how next generation this park is, if parking is problematic, locals will stay away. And it will need locals for at least its first half decade to stay afloat.

I can assure you , this would be the deal for us. We don't have time to having parking hazards to a water park that is a thousand miles away because they were to cheap to build a parking structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.