Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 114 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The badass colors on the front of the volcano are completely overshadowed by those God awful backyard Hanging lights. Why!!!?!?!

Didn't people already say that those hanging lights are temporary for now?

I'd agree for right now, it's terrible; but I would imagine the finalized lighting option will be ten times better than what we see now.

Didn't people already say that those hanging lights are temporary for now?

I'd agree for right now, it's terrible; but I would imagine the finalized lighting option will be ten times better than what we see now.

Well, a few said they are temporary, but several people just parrot what others say.
And it was said they were temporary the day after they came out. Then, the subsequent days, they got those exact same lights at what... 20-30 other locations around the park?
So just the volcano ones are temporary and they just happened to coincide with the dozens of other locations getting the exact same lights? Not saying it's not true, but it's an "I'll believe it when I see it" situation for me.

I think it's the worst looking thing in the park. Everything else looks incredible- but those lights, woof.

Reactions: TDBLMT
Yeah, the "temporary" statements were merely conjecture and hope I believe. I see no actual reason that they will be taken down, short of UC deciding that they don't look quite right.

Reactions: TDBLMT
Hooray! Diet cancelled.

jk... but now at least I don't feel as much pressure.

lol

We decided not to do our trip this fall, so it's a moot point for me, but the 230 I could get down to if I started dieting now. The 200 was less pressure cause I knew I was never getting down to that.

Reactions: Andysol and Mad Dog
lol

We decided not to do our trip this fall, so it's a moot point for me, but the 230 I could get down to if I started dieting now. The 200 was less pressure cause I knew I was never getting down to that.

I'm about 6' 1", 227lbs.

Figure as long as I hit this up my first or second day of vacation, I should be good! :peace:

Reactions: Joel and fryoj
How crowded will VB be in late August? I don't know if local schools are back in session but I'm hoping the crowds won't be crazy and that most of the effects/rides are working by then.

How crowded will VB be in late August? I don't know if local schools are back in session but I'm hoping the crowds won't be crazy and that most of the effects/rides are working by then.

I think you will be okay. Orange County public school kids go back to school on August 14th. Anytime after mid-August should be less crowded. You'll probably see more locals and team members towards the end of August.

Reactions: Obi Ubamba
I feel like the lights for the lava effect are in the wrong positions? Surely they should be in the water collection areas/bottom of the waterfalls to illuminate the water, and the streams.
It seems like the current lights are at the top of the waterfalls and pointing down, which illuminated the surrounding area but not really the water.

Hopefully it’s still in beta right now

Saw the video of the "lava" effect rolling down the Volcano.

It looks unlike lava in precisely the way I expected it to not look like lava.

But the difference between me and these lighting designers is a six figure salary for uni creative. Le sigh.

Perhaps that's why they're going with the rainbow effect instead of trying to make it look like lava?