WaterWorld | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

WaterWorld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Only the Deacon is on a mic.  Yes, Helen is on a track for Japan.

I sure hope they dont move the seaplane to the end of the show, the seaplane ends the second act so well.  I don't like the seaplane in the third act.

Upping the actor count may be nice, but it also may become superfluous.  Our small set works with 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, Japan had an Atoller on the Microphone as well during the opening of the show only.

Okay, Japan wins for the best set of Waterworld award.  Singapore looks cheap!

One thing I like about the Japanese...they aren't cheap!

I think it looks fine in person. Give it a few years and it'll age nicely.

I know I've said this before, but Singapore's version sounds like crap. They really need to fix that element of the show because it's a show stopper if all you hear is distortion.

Oh, and they seemed to have more technical errors than Hollywood or Singapore combined. I've seen two shows and both of them had significant issues.

I wouldn't really want changes to the show... maybe it's that I am just too used to the show the way it is, but it seems it flows better in Hollywood

As of last night, this is confirmed: many changes to the show, at least a partial cast change but no word on who has been replaced, and a month long closure in March for refurb and training.
Is it going to change to the other layout from Singapore or is it a brand new thing?

I saw the show today. some changes - more along the lines of Singapore. I hear they are going to go even more with the same show that's in Singapore including more pyro and changing where the plane crash happens. It seems they might even be digging out part of the pool in front so one of the guys can do a high fall chasing Helen off the platform where she uses the slide for life.

There is an interim cast in place from now until the rehab closure. three people deep for each character. lot's of the "regulars" gone now. Rehearsals start mar. 24 for the new cast and show. I also hear they are adding more seats - expanding the bleachers.

Reactions: Jon Fu
Eh...

I honestly don't understand the reasoning behind these changes. Singapore and Japan's reworked plot work within their respective venues. Unless they plan on modifying the set so the main tower points towards the audience, I'm not sure why they'd want to change things this late into the game. If this is being done in the name of safety, is Universal willing to completely modify the existing theater to accommodate the reworked plot?

If not, is this change for the sake of change?

I guess we'll need to see if they do in fact change anything before we start making judgments. Maybe they'll end up improving the show.