WDW Cuts and Upcharges | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

WDW Cuts and Upcharges

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, this is the Shanghai thread right? I can't figure out why anyone here is interested in Disney Shanghai anyway but by the conversation... I would say they are not.

So, this is the Shanghai thread right? I can't figure out why anyone here is interested in Disney Shanghai anyway but by the conversation... I would say they are not.
Siderailed into a cuts thread I guess. Shanghai Disney is interesting, In the way it affects the parks I can get to though/ future attractions influence..

Siderailed into a cuts thread I guess. Shanghai Disney is interesting, In the way it affects the parks I can get to though/ future attractions influence..
No, this is not the Shanghai thread. The title explicitly states that it is about recent cuts. Those cuts just happen to trace back to Shanghai because of cost overruns.

Reactions: Jon84
I literally just came to the forum after a booking a hotel in WDW. And now I want to cancel. :lol: Maybe now is not the time.

This is the time for Universal to completely step it up in rides for the entire family, entertainment and food. You would think with McDonald's , oil companies , department stores and many more companies suffering after years of doing the same thing Disney wouldn't do stuff like this.

Last edited:
This is the time for Universal to completely step it up in rides for the entire family, entertainment and food. You would think with McDonald's , oil companies , department stores and many more companies suffering after years of doing the same thing Disney wouldn't do stuff like this.
Other companies had to make cuts during the recession, and they had no choice about it.

Disney had a choice, they didn't have to build Shanghai

Universal are different as they have a massive cash injection from their parent company

Agreed. At both Universal & WDW I've had many of them ask me if I needed help when I was looking at a map. And they generally volunteered an informative friendly conversation. Yes, your observation is right on.
That's funny, in WDW I've often found before that some Custodial CMs not even have knowledge of where the nearest restroom is!!

It is interesting reading this thread. I will admit I have not been to universal as much post kids as I went pre kids. But Universal was always the dirtier of the two parks. I have had cockroaches crawl on me while watching a concert. Maybe they have stepped up their cleaning effort in the last 5 years. I haven't paid as much attention to those details since I am normally paying attention to the kiddos.

New Rumor: Disney Execs. have issued a directive to remove all statues of Walt & Roy Disney, melt them down, and sell them as scrap. Monies will be used to maintain Executive bonuses for Fiscal year 2016. ;)

New Rumor: Disney Execs. have issued a directive to remove all statues of Walt & Roy Disney, melt them down, and sell them as scrap. Monies will be used to maintain Executive bonuses for Fiscal year 2016. ;)

I heard they were going to turn them into pressed pennies and sell them for $0.55 each but on busy days they will be $1.55. They can get the parks budget into the black in no time - oh wait, did I hear a record break in the annual report?

Reactions: Mad Dog
I heard they were going to turn them into pressed pennies and sell them for $0.55 each but on busy days they will be $1.55. They can get the parks budget into the black in no time - oh wait, did I hear a record break in the annual report?
Be careful. They're probably reading this thread and you just gave them a great idea. ;)

Reactions: JoeCamel
When was it gonna shut down? I have to say Sunday was pretty crowded so I can see how they might want to wait until after this summer. With spring break coming up soon, the only other thing could be a mid April to late may closure, but I have a feeling crowds are not gonna die down that much in that time period.

When was it gonna shut down? I have to say Sunday was pretty crowded so I can see how they might want to wait until after this summer. With spring break coming up soon, the only other thing could be a mid April to late may closure, but I have a feeling crowds are not gonna die down that much in that time period.
The original schedule was April 4th through July 15th.