Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Westworld

Indeed we did but I only happened upon it by chance of waking up and checking the NFL score and turning over on the off chance and there it was, luckily i had the option to record it from the beginning as when I saw it was on it was almost over. They didn't even advertise that the last episode was going to be shown at the same time as the US.

I enjoyed the finale, just a shame we may have to wait a long time for season 2.

On another note, Samurai World???

Original movie referenced "Medieval World" (presumably a RenFaire with real swords) and "Roman World" (I guess gladiator movies were big in the 60s?).

Samurai World seems a whole lot more marketable in the 21st Century.

So, I am left to wonder if what happened at the end actually happened... that it wasn't a dream of Delores? And why was the sniveling story writer shocked by the big empty room? What was supposed to be there?

Hopefully, you let the credits roll by, as there was one last quick additional scene afterwards.

So, I am left to wonder if what happened at the end actually happened... that it wasn't a dream of Delores? And why was the sniveling story writer shocked by the big empty room? What was supposed to be there?
Small Point
Because thats where all the hosts were in cold storage and its now empty. All those "offline" hosts are now online- and the massive army that was in the woods that shot MiB and is coming for the town. They are all the ones pulled "offline" because they got some sort of sentience- they are the dangerous ones. The ones that wouldn't "cooperate" easily- like Abernathy. Its good stuff ahead there.

So umm... who exactly was being made in Fords small lab when Theresa died? We still don't know. Could it be robot Ford that got popped in the head? I hope not. Or does he create a "ford-like" robot such as he made Bernard to "live on" after he dies?

Glad Maeve got her bomb removed from her spine- itll be interesting how that plays out.

And my last point- everyone thinks these robots are growing sentient- but are they? Ford was still orchestrating every single move. From Maeve waking up to getting on the train and starting a rebellion in HQ to Teddy and stabbed Delores on the beach as she died in his arms in front of the crowd. Hell- even down to Bernard killing himself to be resurrected by Maeve. All of this stuff is still orchestrated by Ford- so this "sentience" is still an illusion. I predict massive chaos next season.
Season 1: Control
Season 2: Chaos

I think we can at least see Maeve is scripted, when she has Bernard resurrected and he goes through her code he says you get on the train and the... she grabs the device and snaps it, I am sure he was going to say you think about your daughter and decide to go find her. Another point the tech who helps her Ford had to have known about him so was he really helping Ford get Maeve ready or was he using Maeve to push him along in the right direction, we know Ford knows everything that is going on so he would have known about the techs.
I think Dolores shot the real Ford and he was constructing his replacement, perhaps Bernard will then wake him up as he did with Bernard.

This interview with Ed Harris gives some small details about Season 2.

• There will be as much as double the amount of desert/Westworld park in the next season.
They have very specific plans for season 2. I think they’re gonna spend more time in Utah next season — they were there for two weeks last season, next season will be a month.

Utah is where they filmed all the desert scenes.

• Shooting won't start until June or July.
Season 1 took 10 months to fully film from Episode 2 to Episode 10. If it's similar for Season 2, that means it won't air until at least April 2018.

This interview with Ed Harris gives some small details about Season 2.

• There will be as much as double the amount of desert/Westworld park in the next season.
They have very specific plans for season 2. I think they’re gonna spend more time in Utah next season — they were there for two weeks last season, next season will be a month.

Utah is where they filmed all the desert scenes.

• Shooting won't start until June or July.
Season 1 took 10 months to fully film from Episode 2 to Episode 10. If it's similar for Season 2, that means it won't air until at least April 2018.

April 2018... jeez. First GoT screws us on their timing, now WW. Leftovers Finale should be Spring of 2017 to fill in the gaps- thank the lord. Again - if anyone doesn't watch The Leftovers- you have to. Its the best thing on TV IMO.

Part of the reason for having to wait for so long for the next season is they didn't know at the time if they were going to get picked up for a 2nd season. So they couldn't schedule filming etc until they knew.

Part of the reason for having to wait for so long for the next season is they didn't know at the time if they were going to get picked up for a 2nd season. So they couldn't schedule filming etc until they knew.

That's on HBO. They should make a commitment. I mean, honestly, if they are going to extend commercial failures like The Leftovers- why not guarantee 2 seasons for all these newcomers where they can decide on season 3. I understand that WW has massive expenses vs something like the Leftovers, but if you're investing heavily, as HBO is- go all the way.

Are you suggesting that Ford knew that it was coming? Why would he not have prepared for the event?

Especially when he was so emphatic with Theresa to not get in his way.
His death was his final story. 35 years in the making after Arnold's suicide. His final story was that of the hosts discovering their true selves and then seeking their freedom. He recreated the whole town and then stood in the same exact spot that Arnold died.

His death was his final story. 35 years in the making after Arnold's suicide. His final story was that of the hosts discovering their true selves and then seeking their freedom. He recreated the whole town and then stood in the same exact spot that Arnold died.

You aggravate me sjago. How you arrive at such conclusions with a single watch is beyond me.

You aggravate me sjago. How you arrive at such conclusions with a single watch is beyond me.
Go back to the end of episode 1 or 2 when he is walking with Bernard and talking about how he has been working on the new narrative for a long time. He also mentions its not a retrospective, counter to what the show presents with him rebuilding all this old stuff. The narrative is about the hosts moving on and taking their rightful place as the dominant species. He says earlier in the show that humans have fully evolved and are at a dead end and that the androids are the future. Arnold was too hasty, he tried to inception Dolores into consciousness and had her kill him, thinking that would be the jump start she needed/ enough of a incident to close the park. Ford realized that Arnold was right in that the hosts were more than just computers, but Arnold's approach was wrong. Hence the 35 years of cultivating the hosts consciousness. Sorry to keep using video game references, but Fords method is almost akin to The Talos Principle (A game), where the AI is challenged and reset if it fails and it slowly but surely progresses. He killed Theresa because she wanted to get the code out of the park, allowing them to use it and decode it. His whole plan was to keep them protected and isolated while he incubated their consciousness. And when they finally got there, they start their revolution with the killing of Ford, as he intended. Even Bernard mutters the violent delights line because he knows what is going to happen while also contrasting that Ford does not directly order Dolores to kill him, but rather decided as a conscious host that it was the step required to begin their path to freedom.

I have also watched it twice. ;)

That's on HBO. They should make a commitment. I mean, honestly, if they are going to extend commercial failures like The Leftovers- why not guarantee 2 seasons for all these newcomers where they can decide on season 3. I understand that WW has massive expenses vs something like the Leftovers, but if you're investing heavily, as HBO is- go all the way.

Because they gave early renewals to shows like Vinyl which they then had to cancel. With the money and troubled production I'm sure they wanted to wait to make sure it was a hit before renewing the show .

I believe everything Ford has done up to the point of Dolores shooting him (if it was him and not a host version of himself) was rectifying Arnolds mistake of trying to force Dolores into full sentience, yes he has manipulated the hosts but as he said at the very end A choice of free will will be made which was Dolores shooting him and finally becoming fully aware after realising the centre of the maze was her inner monologue. I am actually going to say that I don't believe Maeve's decision to reenter the park at the end was scripted either, it was the final piece of her puzzle to become fully aware and Ford was just leading her to a point where she realise this.

The Discover Westworld site has changed. When you load it now, you get a fuzzy video. Then Aiden, the chatbot, starts talking to you.

You can answer and get slightly different paths, but I think they are all pretty similar and end up in the same place.

Eventually, you can link out to the Delos site. When you get there, enter "Reverie" in the Admin box for a short video clip.

An error message will display and near the end, there is a bunch of code. Someone translated that code to these two Elsie clips:
http://delosincorporated.com/video/intra/tablet.mp4
http://delosincorporated.com/assets/transmission.mp4

BTw, I 'discovered' none of this. I'm sure people smarter than me will continue to find things. Maybe HBO will keep us entertained for the next year + with updates. lol

Is a Getty stock image:

The photographer's last name? Weber.

Last edited: