WGA & SAG Strike of 2023 | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

WGA & SAG Strike of 2023

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The AI thing to me is such a canary in a the cold mine

I would loveeeee to ask exec's if 1/5 of the people working now will be replaced by AI...who the heck do you think can pay to see your movie?

Last edited:
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
The AI thing to me is such a carney in a the cold mine

I would loveeeee to ask exec's if 1/5 of the people working now will be replaced by AI...who the heck do you think can pay to see your movie?
Clown Conancon2019 GIF by Team Coco

After 118 days, the SAG-AFTRA strike has officially ended. Congrats to SAG for staying strong and getting a deal they deserve :party:

Glad SAG didn't fold and got the AI protections that they deserve. No one wants to watch a movie where real people aren't even acting in part of it. It's the one thing that makes Rogue One a little weird since it uses the likeness of a dead actor in a sizable role.

I know it won't be immediate, but can't wait to hear that shows and films are back into production. Hopefully this willallow enough time for most of the 2024 schedule to not have to move.

I know it won't be immediate, but can't wait to hear that shows and films are back into production. Hopefully this willallow enough time for most of the 2024 schedule to not have to move.
One of the trades is already reporting that many of the larger productions are not going to wait until January to restart, and plan to get back to filming as soon as possible (even with the holidays).

This years' been a pivotal time for the unions. UPS, Auto Workers, WGA, SAG....The gains from those contracts will trickle down and ultimately settle into much of the workforce, union and non union alike. As a former Union President for 18 years, I'm proud of my brethren standing up for their piece of the pie & labor rights.

People with net worths unfathomable to most Americans inflicted insane amounts of pain only to be dragged kicking and screaming back to the table anyways. This is a lesson in the recalcitrance of corporate America but also in the strength that solidarity and unionizing can bring.
Up until the 1970's the average compensation of a CEO was about 9 times that of the average worker in said company. Now its multiple, multiple, multiple times that. Completely absurd, especially when there's CEO's that drag their companies down, like Warner.

I don’t think ratification was ever in real jeopardy, but only passing with 78% support tells me that 2026 is going to be another year of possible intense AI negotiations as that’s what most people have an issue with on this deal.

Running a union for a good number of years, I would say that 78% is a very strong approval number. Generally, consensus is much less than that.