WGA & SAG Strike of 2023 | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

WGA & SAG Strike of 2023

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Whoever leaked that "best and final" wording should be tossed out a window, because -- even though what I've read indicates that's kind of a standard legalese phrase that may actually indicate a contract (overseen by lawyers from both sides, as has been reported) is imminent -- it sends a terrible message when you see it just as a blunt headline.

Thankfully, the two entities put out another joint statement after that saying they're meeting again on Sunday.

Posting this here, as even once it is said and done--there are still more fights to be won.

SNL seems to be eyeing an October return, the cast would seem to be able to work, so they choose.

The show is looking at non SAG, so a lot of Tik tok, Kardashians, Atheltes, musicians, or reality stars for the first few shows at least. Could be interesting!

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I guess my main question is if all the viewership metrics are stilly remaining internal to these various companies, what's to keep them from consistently and systematically low-balling on the actual number of watched hours, given that they have a financial incentive to keep them artificially low?

EDIT: Obviously congratulations to the writers.
EDIT 2: More specific verbiage from the agreement itself
Capture.png

Capture.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerroddragon
I guess my main question is if all the viewership metrics are stilly remaining internal to these various companies, what's to keep them from consistently and systematically low-balling on the actual number of watched hours, given that they have a financial incentive to keep them artificially low?

EDIT: Obviously congratulations to the writers.
EDIT 2: More specific verbiage from the agreement itself
View attachment 19828

View attachment 19829
They’ve done “creative accounting” for years to keep actors, writers and directors from getting fair payment for residuals or shares of profits. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ll do something similar, unfortunately.

They’ve done “creative accounting” for years to keep actors, writers and directors from getting fair payment for residuals or shares of profits. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ll do something similar, unfortunately.
It's a little better here because we do already have trusted-ish third parties monitoring viewership (Nielsen) and it's a pretty cut and dry formula with publicly available numbers, vs "profitability" which is always gonna be more nebulous and subject to insane overhead amortization schemes.

Reactions: Nico and Clive
It's a little better here because we do already have trusted-ish third parties monitoring viewership (Nielsen) and it's a pretty cut and dry formula with publicly available numbers, vs "profitability" which is always gonna be more nebulous and subject to insane overhead amortization schemes.
Aren’t we talking about streaming and not traditional television broadcasts?

I hope this works out for everyone, I'm glad this is done and just want movies to be made and everyone profiting from them more