What do you shoot with? | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

What do you shoot with?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've been out of town on business for the last few days, which is why I haven't posted so much lately. Anyways, I got home Friday night to my package with camera goodies :happy:

I haven't had much time to play around with it, but I'm excited to get some good up-close detail pics with my new 75-300mm lens! :thumbs:

EDIT: Here it is! :cheers:

Last edited:
I've been out of town on business for the last few days, which is why I haven't posted so much lately. Anyways, I got home Friday night to my package with camera goodies :happy:

I haven't had much time to play around with it, but I'm excited to get some good up-close detail pics with my new 75-300mm lens! I'll give it some good use, though :thumbs:

You could always use it for bird watching :lol:

Last edited:

Definitely hit up DAK with that lens, because it is going to become your go-to lens for animal shots, and you'll get lots of great practice with it that way. If you can manage the heft and motion from the instability on the safari, you'll be on a good path with it. I also love using it when I go wandering in the nature preserves around here. Oh, and its also great for the park shows. I've still got a few shots from the Indy stunt show I got back last summer that are probably post-worthy if I get back that far in my library.

Last edited:
Thinking of making a purchase but thought would post for some advice first.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NIKON-AF-S-DX-NIKKOR-35-mm-f-1-8G-Lens-Unsealed-/121101210921?pt=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item1c3231d529

Was thinking dark rides mainly, what do you guys think and what other situations would it be good for?

I really don't know much about Nikon glass but it is a highly recommended lens on DPReview

http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/nikon_35_1p8g_n15/4

It would make for a great dark ride lens for sure and also if you take portraits or really anything else you want some nice bokeh on you can achieve with this lens.

Thinking of making a purchase but thought would post for some advice first.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NIKON-AF-S-DX-NIKKOR-35-mm-f-1-8G-Lens-Unsealed-/121101210921?pt=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item1c3231d529

Was thinking dark rides mainly, what do you guys think and what other situations would it be good for?

Hey Roodles you end up getting this lens?

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't had much time to play around with it, but I'm excited to get some good up-close detail pics with my new 75-300mm lens! :thumbs:

EDIT: Here it is! :cheers:

Have you had a chance to mess around with this bad boy yet?

Yes Mike :thumbs:

Ordered yesterday, Bank Holiday weekend over here so expecting it to turn up Wednesday. Might need to make a trip out on Thursday to give it a trial run.

Anyone know what would be a good camera for a beginner like me??? I've been looking through the photography threads and have suddenly gained intrest. Might be something I have to take in High School, if it's avaliable. I'm surrounded by narture so for me it'll be just a bunch of nature shots, before I get any Theme Park shots.

Anyone know what would be a good camera for a beginner like me??? I've been looking through the photography threads and have suddenly gained intrest. Might be something I have to take in High School, if it's avaliable. I'm surrounded by narture so for me it'll be just a bunch of nature shots, before I get any Theme Park shots.

How much are you looking to spend?

Depends what your budget is and what you're looking for. You looking for something like a DSLR which has a decent size body or something like the size of a Sony Nex camera? You really cant go wrong if you stick to one of the common manufacturers especially if you are looking into a DSLR camera. Nikon, Canon an even Sony all out really good beginner cameras but you still looking at spending around $500 easily.

Depends on what my parents would spend on me. The least might be $100.

If your really serious about learning go out and get the best camera you can afford or one that your parents will buy you, whether its a cheaper point and shoot or a DSLR and get used to the camera and learn the settings and composition. Then if you are still into it after a while save up for a better one and grow into your new hobby. Ill tell you, its not a cheap hobby to get into so make sure its something you really enjoy or else your money will just sit on a shelf collecting dust :lol:

My moms friend came over to our house today and took a really nice shot of a flower in our yard.It looks like it was taken by a professional. It is now my mom's new official wallpaper. Thx for the advice also. I'm not doing anything Saturday except for going to see a rock concert. Ill ask to go look at our local best buy.

My moms friend came over to our house today and took a really nice shot of a flower in our yard.It looks like it was taken by a professional. It is now my mom's new official wallpaper. Thx for the advice also. I'm not doing anything Saturday except for going to see a rock concert. Ill ask to go look at our local best buy.

If and when its time to get one look around before you buy, check around for the best price. But for sure go to BB and take them for a test spin

As Mikes mentioned the hobby isn't cheap at all. If your looking for an entry level DSLR your looking at roughly 400 for a kit. I just upgraded to a Canon T4i and sold my Canon XSI for I think about 260 to a member here. I recommend starting with a entry level canon, Nikon, or Sony to see if your really into it. Don't go all out and blow hundreds if not thousands on something your just not into.

As Mikes mentioned the hobby isn't cheap at all. If your looking for an entry level DSLR your looking at roughly 400 for a kit. I just upgraded to a Canon T4i and sold my Canon XSI for I think about 260 to a member here. I recommend starting with a entry level canon, Nikon, or Sony to see if your really into it. Don't go all out and blow hundreds if not thousands on something your just not into.

Thx for the tip. Any specific models from each of those brands depending in my budget???

Canon Rebel XS, currently about 250 used on Amazon

Nikon d3000, used on Amazon 265

Sony A33, used on Amazon for 275