What do you shoot with? | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

What do you shoot with?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love using the fisheye for fireworks after shooting Illuminations with it! I still haven't quite gotten the focus down (infinity didn't seem to work perfectly with the fireworks), but finally being able to get a high aperture really made a difference. With the kit lens, even on Manual I can't make adjustments to my aperture when its in Bulb for some reason, its stuck at around f/5.6. Tonight with f/22 I finally got good color in the third act, which was really nice to see instead of the usually more washed out colors with a longer exposure time.

Once Friday rolls around, the first one will be on Flickr. I know, I force people (and myself) to be patient when it comes to fireworks shots. :lol:

Also got a few more good ones from my night in DAK processed. The nets really kept me from good shots at the Tree of Life, though. :fist:

Lol, I try to be patient and drag them out since my trips are spread out over the year but sometime get carried away and post a bunch at a time.

I have yet to really shoot fireworks with mine, I got a little during Cinematic and they came out ok. I left the focus alone and seemed to be ok. It's been pretty sharp for you otherwise right?

Yeah, I was shooting in China after Illuminations and it was great again on infinity. I really need to take the time during daylight hours to find a focus sweet spot, tape the focus ring, and then see how it works with fireworks then go from there.

Next spot on the list is somewhere close to the castle for Wishes...

A new weapon in the Hate arsenal

dba3a2058cd61309bc4ad9ed69b40c3b.jpg

I freaking love it and right now I'm am learning mode. I do wish I had some sunshine to really see the upgrade in detail and color within the shots but I mean I can tell a huge difference in picture quality already and that was with almost no direct sunshine today. My shots were utilizing a higher ISO than I would normally use. Tomorrow I am going to try to head to Disney for some dark ride shots and then later this week I will be at the parks at night.

I freaking love it and right now I'm am learning mode. I do wish I had some sunshine to really see the upgrade in detail and color within the shots but I mean I can tell a huge difference in picture quality already and that was with almost no direct sunshine today. My shots were utilizing a higher ISO than I would normally use. Tomorrow I am going to try to head to Disney for some dark ride shots and then later this week I will be at the parks at night.

The dark rides are the big test :lol: Your old camera shot great at high ISO and handled the noise really well so im really anxious to see how much better this one does. Having new toys is the best feeling

From the close ups and the update, looks like a nice new camera you have! I'll probably be out at the Disney parks at night throughout the week as well to try and get more fireworks shots. Take off the invisibility cloak since security isn't a pain over there and say hi if you see me. :lol:

Im off tomorrow (today ugh) so I'll probably end up at Disney as well. You want to do some dark ride photography intensive training?

Classes start at 100 bucks an hour and are non refundable :lol: I should hopefully be out there all day, weather and prego wife pending.

I still find little tweaks and things I forgot/didn't know about my camera even 5 years after buying it! Just tonight I took it out to flip through the menus and fiddle with things to see if I could figure out why I couldn't adjust my aperture in BULB mode with auto focus lenses. Turns out my preferred settings for the control dial that I have set to control my shutter speed with the option to control my aperture with the AEL button pressed doesn't effect BULB mode for some reason, and I have to reverse the settings once I have the shutter set to BULB (dial set to control aperture). I don't know why the AEL button doesn't work for BULB, and that was my hang up, as I use AEL when I'm in S and P modes in the manner I wanted to use it in BULB. Fireworks shots are about to get a lot better! :thumbs:

I still find little tweaks and things I forgot/didn't know about my camera even 5 years after buying it! Just tonight I took it out to flip through the menus and fiddle with things to see if I could figure out why I couldn't adjust my aperture in BULB mode with auto focus lenses. Turns out my preferred settings for the control dial that I have set to control my shutter speed with the option to control my aperture with the AEL button pressed doesn't effect BULB mode for some reason, and I have to reverse the settings once I have the shutter set to BULB (dial set to control aperture). I don't know why the AEL button doesn't work for BULB, and that was my hang up, as I use AEL when I'm in S and P modes in the manner I wanted to use it in BULB. Fireworks shots are about to get a lot better! :thumbs:

I wonder if thats the same with mine. Now I'm going to have to check lol.

For some reason Dell stopped carrying Sony products or else I'd probably have ordered the A77 last week. I was jonesing real hard for a new camera last week. :pound: