What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Supposedly one of the Skyride towers was still being painted today, so I guess we'll see...
It didn't appear to be being painted from what I saw, it looked more like electrical inspection work.

Either way, I'm under the impression this was a very, very recent decision. Personally, it doesn't makes sense to me to remove literally all references to it everywhere (online, in park, etc) for a simple rebrand.

Reactions: Speed
To add to the rumor that all of these rides are going back to BGW, the Bush Flyer, train, and motorcycles are all also closing on the 9th

Last edited:
Reactions: BuschAfrica
Some other little things
- Kumba now has lights lining the tunnel before the helix
- Shade structure is coming to the Cheetah exhibit, looks like it should be finished within the next 2 weeks.
- I've seen them continue to work on the Sky Ride towers, last saw them Friday

Well, I guess Sand Serpent is not being moved...

358361957_3526041987716008_4731764033311519750_n.jpg

It just seems a little odd to me that they're ripping it apart rather than disassembling it since it's all designed to be portable and easily taken apart.

Vekoma would be interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the original Rhino Rally water section was the only time BGT worked with Vekoma. Like for like would be cool using the rest of the land. I just can't see this coaster staying confined to pantopia. Definitely taking a right over the service road into prime serengeti real estate Rhino rally has left over for an attraction.

Reactions: AnyNameYouWish
I might have the wrong perspective but a family boomerang doesn't seem like a good fit due to the low capacity of those types of rides. A full circuit family coaster would be a better addition but I don't have a good understanding of how much room is available.

I might have the wrong perspective but a family boomerang doesn't seem like a good fit due to the low capacity of those types of rides. A full circuit family coaster would be a better addition but I don't have a good understanding of how much room is available.
A family boomerang would have the same amount of capacity as Tigris and probably more than Sand Serpent, so they'll be fine.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
The park needs something to actually bring people back there, instead of people just strolling in hours after they’ve waiting at least 30 mins+ for either Cobra, Cheetah, or IG because of 5 minute dispatches

Vekoma would be interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the original Rhino Rally water section was the only time BGT worked with Vekoma. Like for like would be cool using the rest of the land. I just can't see this coaster staying confined to pantopia. Definitely taking a right over the service road into prime serengeti real estate Rhino rally has left over for an attraction.
Yes.

The park needs something to actually bring people back there, instead of people just strolling in hours after they’ve waiting at least 30 mins+ for either Cobra, Cheetah, or IG because of 5 minute dispatches
BG definitely suffers from the layout of the park being a massive loop. Similar problem to Islands of Adventure but at least they’ve mitigated that a bit with the Velocicoaster path to skip basically a land and a half.

Except IOA is somewhat balanced with attractions all the way around the loop - BG is now very front of the park heavy.