What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone else find this interesting? Dark ride over giga lol...
View attachment 19266
Wow, and I didn't even vote in that poll! Lol

Not too surprising though--the park already has six intense coasters lol. The pass holder page is full of people saying they want a dark ride and not another roller coaster that'll close anytime it rains. The decision-making regarding new attractions at BGT is bewildering. The last thing they built that wasn't a metal scream machine was Jungala in 2008, much of which is now closed; meanwhile, SWO added Turtle Trek, Antarctica, Infinity Falls, and Sesame Street.
It's such a missed opportunity because I think any of the themes of Busch Gardens would make for an awesome dark ride! You can put one in any section of the park and the concept practically writes itself:
  • Egypt: exploring ancient Egyptian ruins and escaping from curses/mummies
  • Nairobi: jeep trek through the Serengeti/rhino rally 2.0; save animals from poachers
  • Pantopia: ride around the mythical city, unlocking ancient mysteries and saving the city from dark magic
  • Congo/Jungala: safari through the jungle, venture off course and escape from falling off a cliff into the river below
  • Stanleyville: boat ride through the port city of Kisangani that accidentally takes you to Boyoma Falls aka Stanley Falls (basically enclose and theme Stanley Falls Flume)
  • Sesame Street: sesame street Safari ride
  • Bird Gardens: journey across Africa revolving around a mythical bird-like creature and African mythology
  • Morocco: journey through Morocco, Africa, and the entire world, exploring and celebrating different cultures
This could be such a cool park under more creative leadership... I keep hoping one day it'll happen. :weary_face:

Wow, and I didn't even vote in that poll! Lol

Not too surprising though--the park already has six intense coasters lol. The pass holder page is full of people saying they want a dark ride and not another roller coaster that'll close anytime it rains. The decision-making regarding new attractions at BGT is bewildering. The last thing they built that wasn't a metal scream machine was Jungala in 2008, much of which is now closed; meanwhile, SWO added Turtle Trek, Antarctica, Infinity Falls, and Sesame Street.
It's such a missed opportunity because I think any of the themes of Busch Gardens would make for an awesome dark ride! You can put one in any section of the park and the concept practically writes itself:
  • Egypt: exploring ancient Egyptian ruins and escaping from curses/mummies
  • Nairobi: jeep trek through the Serengeti/rhino rally 2.0; save animals from poachers
  • Pantopia: ride around the mythical city, unlocking ancient mysteries and saving the city from dark magic
  • Congo/Jungala: safari through the jungle, venture off course and escape from falling off a cliff into the river below
  • Stanleyville: boat ride through the port city of Kisangani that accidentally takes you to Boyoma Falls aka Stanley Falls (basically enclose and theme Stanley Falls Flume)
  • Sesame Street: sesame street Safari ride
  • Bird Gardens: journey across Africa revolving around a mythical bird-like creature and African mythology
  • Morocco: journey through Morocco, Africa, and the entire world, exploring and celebrating different cultures
This could be such a cool park under more creative leadership... I keep hoping one day it'll happen. :weary_face:
Someone hire this man as Park President asap!!! Knows his stuff. Boyoma would be an excellent idea, mine as well make a whole Kisangani revamp of the Jungala/Stanleyville area. Tidal Wave was a big loss. But what do we get ? Mixing Asian culture with Timbuktu... They're not even on the same continent as us. So frustrating as this parks potential is sky high.

Is rwinger24 back?

__
Also, updated SEC Permits for Halcyon (2024 project) are placing this to be at a whopping 41,000 square feet in size and footing. From Python Survivor on ParkFans, the project is also going to be at just one million alone for just the foundations of the new attraction.

Plans were filed with the SWFWMD yesterday. As is typical with BGT plans, they do not include any footers or hints of what the layout of the new attraction might look like. The only new information is the total size of the project (1.31 acres) and the new paths/station building. It appears there is no train storage/maintenance building involved with this project so I’m assuming whatever this is will probably have a singular train.

IMG-6325.jpg

Plans were filed with the SWFWMD yesterday. As is typical with BGT plans, they do not include any footers or hints of what the layout of the new attraction might look like. The only new information is the total size of the project (1.31 acres) and the new paths/station building. It appears there is no train storage/maintenance building involved with this project so I’m assuming whatever this is will probably have a singular train.

IMG-6325.jpg
Family boomerang it is.

Shuttle coaster adds to the discombobulation of Pantopia. Another weather permitting, sweltering, low capacity steel attraction is THE LAST THING THIS PARK NEEDED. Guarantee this doesn't help Cobra/Cheetah lines or get more people in that part of the park. Pantopia Theater SBNO weekdays, only open on weekends so you can see Rescue Animals on a camera. No reason that show needs to take up that space, especially considering more days than not there's not a performance. Falcons right nextdoor also SBNO half the time now. Logical response to all this ? Family (inverted?) boomerang. Over a dozen attractions, 0 indoor, 1 air conditioned. This is madness.

So far everything is speculation about Vekoma family boomerangs.
I'd love to see some insight on the justification behind a Vekoma family boomerang if that is what the park has opted for. Is guest feedback/market research even a consideration, or does some guy in a literal vacuum have an annual meeting with a magic eight ball to decide what kind of unthemed outdoor roller coaster to build at BGT and where it should go?
All jokes aside, on ParkFans there's been speculation about it being a Pantheon clone. Still the opposite of what the park needs, but at least it could (theoretically) have marginally better capacity.

Someone hire this man as Park President asap!!! Knows his stuff. Boyoma would be an excellent idea, mine as well make a whole Kisangani revamp of the Jungala/Stanleyville area. Tidal Wave was a big loss. But what do we get ? Mixing Asian culture with Timbuktu... They're not even on the same continent as us. So frustrating as this parks potential is sky high.
I'd settle for even just a creative consulting job, but I'm pretty sure the whole company hates my guts by now lol. But seriously BGT, ya gotta stop building the same ride over and over, the park already has less variety than Cedar Point.

• Love
Reactions: BuschAfrica