What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"goes through the pantopia theater"... Where does it say that? Are they mistaking the station for Pantopia Theater? Glad we're getting some additional info and artwork though!

Fantastic news that a new ice show is coming, though I'm not getting my hopes up until we hear more about it. I really hope it's a return to the story-driven, appropriately themed shows they used to have, like Iceploration and Katonga.

Reactions: Speed
"goes through the pantopia theater"... Where does it say that? Are they mistaking the station for Pantopia Theater? Glad we're getting some additional info and artwork though!

Fantastic news that a new ice show is coming, though I'm not getting my hopes up until we hear more about it. I really hope it's a return to the story-driven, appropriately themed shows they used to have, like Iceploration and Katonga.

They claimed the current version of Turn It Up was "all-new" even though it was a few different song selections, so I wouldn't get too excited yet lol

With animal shows no longer a point of emphasis, I hope they can figure out what they can offer at parks like SeaWorld that need to offer something outside of coasters and exhibits.

New Animal show coming to Pantopia too but this time it seems to be all in house.

Agreed on the ice show though, no reason to replace Turn it up if we are just going to get a new show with them skating to some newer yet still outdated pop music

For a fee. Cuz why not?
An aging ride that could have easily been removed-- costs money to keep it running. It's free to passholders.

They did the same with the Sky Tower in Orlando, and it has ALWAYS been that way for the Skyride and Sky Tower in San Diego (a legacy from when they were the only rides in the park).

If it comes down to a choice between keeping an aging attraction in the park and running and having to charge for it, I will gladly pay to keep it. The fact that all levels of passholders get it free means MOST of the guests get it free, and anyone who doesn't has a choice to pay or not.

My "home park" is rumored to be removing their historic skyride in the off season, and once again if it's a choice between an upcharge or losing a ride, I'd choose to pay, but they are taking that option away instead.

Defo anti fee on Skyride.
Idc how old it is, if you reintroduce your Skyride to the park after years of teasing it and now are making them shell out money for it, it’s just not going to do well.

Reactions: Freak and screenz
It’s one thing for SWSD to charge for the Sky ride because its a simple trip that gives a good view of the bay and then you’re sent back where you came.

Here it’s supposed to be a transportation ride. How crappy is it that if you’re tired and want to relax on a ride and get from one place to another, you gotta pay $5 a pop? Complete bahooey.

So logic is to staff an additional position to charge for something that used to be free... even though they already have staffing issues as it is?

Past two weekends now, Serengeti Flyer was running one side only. I'm a huge fan of theme parks, but boy are they making it hard to justify an AP renewal with what I've seen over the past few years now at the SW parks.

Defo anti fee on Skyride.
Idc how old it is, if you reintroduce your Skyride to the park after years of teasing it and now are making them shell out money for it, it’s just not going to do well.
This is probably the plan. Open with a fee, this way down the road a ways if it is not bringing in money the company can turn around and blame the guests. We brought it back for you and you didn't appreciate it or ride it, so obviously you don't really want it, so we shall take it away and get rid of it.

This is probably the plan. Open with a fee, this way down the road a ways if it is not bringing in money the company can turn around and blame the guests. We brought it back for you and you didn't appreciate it or ride it, so obviously you don't really want it, so we shall take it away and get rid of it.
Your likely right, it’s really sad to see it go this route.