Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 658 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That begs the question of will it be a crackdown by Universal PR knocking a number of sites off their list?

A list that doesn't exist in this sites eyes. You can only send so many emails and place so many calls over the course of a year before you realize your not liked :lol:

Which? Allowing backstage photos to be posted or the new feeds?

Lets just say we're gonna allow a little more freedom of what our members post. The staff and myself won't be posting any backstage employee photos though. We just can't control everything everyone does at every single moment of every single day. :wave:

That begs the question of will it be a crackdown by Universal PR knocking a number of sites off their list?

does that include major press (tv and print and their online counterparts), theme park sites, and fan sites? because i can't see them stiffing the big press :inquisitive:

They dont intentionally stiff the big press. Believe me...for TF grand opening there were alot of "big press".

They intentionally stiff OU and did so at the TF grand opening...and if Im not mistaken this wasnt the first time either.

Can I say that I'm kinda nervous/scared about how chaotic Orlando is going to be when this opens. I'm sure Universal has learned how to handle crowds because of the WWOHP but I see this being like 2 times as big. IDk what they are going to do about the crowds. Maybe they should make like a 'too good to pass up' Florida residents deal starting like in mid January (2015) to space out crowds.

Last edited:
HTF, Teebin or Disneyhead...I've been hearing rumors from some people that have connections at Universal that they could potentially at least have some guest-facing facade areas done for the celebration at the start of next year. Any truth to these rumors? Everything I've been hearing is to the contrary.

HTF, Teebin or Disneyhead...I've been hearing rumors from some people that have connections at Universal that they could potentially at least have some guest-facing facade areas done for the celebration at the start of next year. Any truth to these rumors? Everything I've been hearing is to the contrary.

Now I have no facts to back this up but I believe the facades may be finished before the Xmas rush but no one will be able to get within 50ft of them. Expect the fences back and the facade to be used for promo pieces but as far as guests being able to check it out not a chance.

Maybe if I repost I can get an answer? Sorry if it's been answered before my first post.

Quick questions:

Anyone know what will be going in the foreground between the left of the train station facade and the right of the arcade? Any kind of building to block the view of the actual train station?

Or will we be seeing straight past the buildings into backstage? Is that why the metal structure has been placed there? to eliminate that problem?

I'm referring to this area in Allaroundorlando's picture
DSC_0861.JPG

^ floridakid, that to the left is not bathrooms or an arcade; it's Disaster's exit. I'm gonna guess some sort of tall gate, but I do not know :shrug:

Yeah hah, I could not figure out what it was for the life of me. Thank you, much appreciated. Tall gate seems ideal.

So, anyone know if Don Carson was brought in again to design and conceptualize the windows of Diagon Alley? For any of you out there that like to design things, there is a whole lot to learn from his website.

Don Carson did the conceptual illustrations for all of the window displays in Hogsmeade. The illustrations were first posted here on OU by, I believe it was the artsy film dude from North Carolina back in 2010-2011. I cannot think of his username. Anyway, Don's illustrations are gorgeous.

Here is is website: http://www.doncarsoncreative.com/

Do not look for any references to his potter work. The 2008-9 frenzy called Uni Legal freaked him out re. internet postings.

Last edited:
Reactions: badlactose
I love, love, love concept art. I've never seen these ones. I'm so glad you re-posted them. The window displays are such a lovely way to convey a lot of information about the wizarding world to visitors not very familiar with Potter, and to set the groundwork for someone's visit even before they step foot inside a store or a ride.

Speaking of concept art, has anyone ever seen concept art for proposed nighttime shows at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? I'd love to see them, even if they never came to fruition.

I was playing around with the concept painting I did of London/Diagon at night, and added some animation to portray what a nightly show could involve (namely, glowing 'snitch' lanterns) and flashing streetlamps.
Diagon-Animation-SMALLEST-AND-BESTEST-IT-WILL-GO_zps9107b7e7.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Speaking of concept art, has anyone ever seen concept art for proposed nighttime shows at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? I'd love to see them, even if they never came to fruition.

I was playing around with the concept painting I did of London/Diagon at night, and added some animation to portray what a nightly show could involve (namely, glowing 'snitch' lanterns) and flashing streetlamps.
Diagon-Animation-SMALLEST-AND-BESTEST-IT-WILL-GO_zps9107b7e7.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

amazing!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.