Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 298 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know too much about Disney World, but I have read that WDW is trying to lose their reputation of neglecting their parks. Apparently Avatarland was supposed to be the solution to the abandonment (and a competitor to Phase 2), but if Avatarland is as lacklustre and low budget as it is rumoured to be (in comparison to HP Phase 2- which according to Whylightbulb, is looking brilliant!); what are Disney Worlds’ future intentions to match the awesome additions at Universals parks? Is there any talk going on such as a 5th theme park?

If Cars land at Hollywood Studios does happen, it will be a start, but I'm guessing due to their recent pace that it will take 20 years to catch up to UOR.

- - - Updated - - -

An elevator attraction within the queue would be mind blowing!

They'll need to hire extra cleaning staff for the amount of brain matter strewn among the park. It will be "Scanners" on a massive scale. There needs to be a "mind blown" emoticon.

I don't know too much about Disney World, but I have read that WDW is trying to lose their reputation of neglecting their parks. Apparently Avatarland was supposed to be the solution to the abandonment (and a competitor to Phase 2), but if Avatarland is as lacklustre and low budget as it is rumoured to be (in comparison to HP Phase 2- which according to Whylightbulb, is looking brilliant!); what are Disney Worlds’ future intentions to match the awesome additions at Universals parks? Is there any talk going on such as a 5th theme park?

A 5th park would be overkill at this point. When Epcot and DHS were added, it helped boster attendance. When AK was added, it took away from the other parks. They need to work on what they have now, especially at DHS and AK, before any 5th park talk should start.

A 5th park would be overkill at this point. When Epcot and DHS were added, it helped boster attendance. When AK was added, it took away from the other parks. They need to work on what they have now, especially at DHS and AK, before any 5th park talk should start.

And I'd say EPCOT, mainly Future World, needs a complete redo.

66 B which is in the bottom right corner of Gringotts is a shop:

Documentation is required to show the cash register counter comply with FBC 11-7.1 and 11-7.2. In departments stores and miscellaneous retail stores where counters have cash registers and are provided for sales or distribution of goods or services to the public, at least on one of each type shall have a portion of the counter which is at least 36"in length with a maximum height of 36" above the finish floor.

There were two of them that rushed up to me when I was taking pictures on my iPod of Gringotts. They asked me what I was looking at and played dumb like there wasn't anything there :rolleyes:

Heh. I was walking through the corridor and they were harassing a Universal TM about the construction and why everyone wants to see it. Quite an odd in park entertainment. Though I'd love to see them there for HHN. :lol:

Thanks for the replies guys. Carsland opening helped match DCAs attendance to Disneylands, I wonder what would happen with Carsland at a WDW park. A Marvel addition to one of the parks would be awesome; do you reckon they would choose solely an Avengers land or do what IOA did and have all of the superheroes? What I don't understand is why Disney doesn't just take a gamble at Avatarland and actually put in a decent ride with some new tech like FJ. A motion simulator and a family boat ride sound pretty average... Universal took a gamble with HP, and Phase 2 is rumoured to be more than double of Phase 1s budget, Disney needs to go all in for any attempt to catch up UOR.

Thanks for the replies guys. Carsland opening helped match DCAs attendance to Disneylands, I wonder what would happen with Carsland at a WDW park. A Marvel addition to one of the parks would be awesome; do you reckon they would choose solely an Avengers land or do what IOA did and have all of the superheroes? What I don't understand is why Disney doesn't just take a gamble at Avatarland and actually put in a decent ride with some new tech like FJ. A motion simulator and a family boat ride sound pretty average... Universal took a gamble with HP, and Phase 2 is rumoured to be more than double of Phase 1s budget, Disney needs to go all in for any attempt to catch up UOR.
Except Universal has rights to Marvel ad infinitum East of the Mississippi when it comes to theme parks AFAIK.

What I don't understand is why Disney doesn't just take a gamble at Avatarland and actually put in a decent ride with some new tech like FJ. A motion simulator and a family boat ride sound pretty average... Universal took a gamble with HP, and Phase 2 is rumoured to be more than double of Phase 1s budget, Disney needs to go all in for any attempt to catch up UOR.

I put together a very simple visual explanation for this issue:
Money_zpsf2dec88e.png

Reactions: BJCool
HAVE NO CLUE why these are right size up on my computer and flip when uploaded on its side but whatever, anyways waiting in line for the Walking Dead, you can see the backlot construction for Hogwarts Express!!

287n5ea.jpg

2mw5p2q.jpg

Reactions: BJCool
Status
Not open for further replies.