Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 659 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the window displays past concept arts that are not going to happen? Because the Diagon Alley window one should definitely happen!

The "Alley" window display concept art is for the existing window to the left of Three Broomsticks. They actually all exist with some slight changes here and there.

badlactose, another awesome art piece! Keep em coming :thumbs:

Speaking of concept art, has anyone ever seen concept art for proposed nighttime shows at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? I'd love to see them, even if they never came to fruition.

I was playing around with the concept painting I did of London/Diagon at night, and added some animation to portray what a nightly show could involve (namely, glowing 'snitch' lanterns) and flashing streetlamps.

WOW!!! How could anyone not respond to this?! This is amazing, great work! :rep: :drool:

Speaking of concept art, has anyone ever seen concept art for proposed nighttime shows at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? I'd love to see them, even if they never came to fruition.

I was playing around with the concept painting I did of London/Diagon at night, and added some animation to portray what a nightly show could involve (namely, glowing 'snitch' lanterns) and flashing streetlamps.
Diagon-Animation-SMALLEST-AND-BESTEST-IT-WILL-GO_zps9107b7e7.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

This is badass!

[/URL][/IMG]

Freakin' Sweet!

[/URL][/IMG]

Excellent work once again. If I could give you rep a second time right now I would. :lol:

^ Yeah, I am surprised that no members of this site have purchased a pair of those. They are pretty cheap.

I got a pair for $15 on ebay ...they wrok pretty good but you have no way of knowing what you video'd or took pics of til u get home. Im going to try them out on my trip the 1st week of Oct

I got a pair for $15 on ebay ...they wrok pretty good but you have no way of knowing what you video'd or took pics of til u get home. Im going to try them out on my trip the 1st week of Oct

Do you mind linking me to the ebay page?

Whylightbulb just posted this at the Magic forums:

Well I posted a summary of my gripes and news on 722 but I have once again said too much so I've deleted it. My intention was not to tease and then take it away but I just got cold feet as my rumblings could have caused some waves within Creative and I'm not sure I'm ready to risk my work over it yet. Perhaps if I get even more frustrated but right now I'm focused on getting the project done. Maybe after that I'll post what I said...I've saved it for possible future use ;)

Did anyone catch what he said before it was deleted? He alludes to 'frustrations' regarding this project and Universal Creative. Any insider here know what he might be talking about?

Whylightbulb just posted this at the Magic forums:

Well I posted a summary of my gripes and news on 722 but I have once again said too much so I've deleted it. My intention was not to tease and then take it away but I just got cold feet as my rumblings could have caused some waves within Creative and I'm not sure I'm ready to risk my work over it yet. Perhaps if I get even more frustrated but right now I'm focused on getting the project done. Maybe after that I'll post what I said...I've saved it for possible future use ;)

Did anyone catch what he said before it was deleted? He alludes to 'frustrations' regarding this project and Universal Creative. Any insider here know what he might be talking about?

Creative is just as prone to having a few idiots telling them what to do and how to do it as Disney is. Universal Mgmt doesn't always make the right decisions either so its hard to tell. I would imagine his frustration has something to do with some kind of cut or scale back on either Gringotts or the Hogwarts Express. From what I've heard though from people on the project is they live and breathe the project so its also possible what ever part of the project he is on may have taken a hit or they lost a bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.