Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 120 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would it be warm in Diagon? London is about a five hour train from Scotland, the weather is pretty much similar as in rain and a lack of sun :lol:

I would think if anything it would be warm in hogsmeade due to the winter setting

Oh man. Here's hoping they need to do lots and lots of testing. I'm going next weekend and would flip for some warm Butterbeer. I've been hoping for that since the first time I went in 2010.

I think what will be coming to Diagon will make us forget Woodbury's performance yesterday. Then again, he's done so much for Universal that he'll always get a pass for a lackluster announcement.

Anyway I went on the site and looked at the descriptions on all the shops in both areas, and I wonder what are new merchandise items for Diagon? Everything from Zonko's will go to Weasley's, it sounds like the same old merch but now more of it, and more shops to get this stuff.

Also, I saw that the Three Broomsticks also serves Strawberry and Peanut Butter ice cream. Since when did the Three Broomsticks served this stuff, and will there be any new food offerings, other than warm butter beer, in Diagon?

I figure none of these questions can be answered now, but I hope within the next couple of months we'll all find out. ITS GONNA BE EPIC!!!!

Also, I saw that the Three Broomsticks also serves Strawberry and Peanut Butter ice cream. Since when did the Three Broomsticks served this stuff, and will there be any new food offerings, other than warm butter beer, in Diagon?

It always has from day 1. It's just that most people never really look at the dessert section on the boards.

I think what will be coming to Diagon will make us forget Woodbury's performance yesterday. Then again, he's done so much for Universal that he'll always get a pass for a lackluster announcement.

Anyway I went on the site and looked at the descriptions on all the shops in both areas, and I wonder what are new merchandise items for Diagon? Everything from Zonko's will go to Weasley's, it sounds like the same old merch but now more of it, and more shops to get this stuff.

I figure none of these questions can be answered now, but I hope within the next couple of months we'll all find out. ITS GONNA BE EPIC!!!!

For your question about merch, I think they are combining new with old. For example, Borgin & Burkes will have stuff related to the Dark Arts. I thought I head Matt say that the Quidditch supplies store will have Quidditch robes and supplies but I'm not sure. I'm sure we'll also see other new stuff as well as the old.

Not sure but I believe these will be new:
Scribbulous will be stationary and quills.
Menagerie will have exotic stuffed creatures.
Weasleys is sure to have a ton of new stuff. I will let those more informed tell you what products there might be new.

I was really hoping for some new food item for leaky... and also a mention of Fire Whiskey.

I am assuming these will be announced later.

That's good to hear. I guess everyone was saving dessert for chocolate frogs, only to throw up afterwards.

I've had the Strawberry & Peanut Butter ice cream pretty much every visit since my first in 2010, so delicious :doggie: Florean's is genuinely one of the most exciting aspects of this project for me!

Had to look it up on wiki, but I think one of these two brands mentioned in the books should be offered as a proofed alcoholic and the other brand non.

Ogden's Old Firewhisky: 80 proof

Blishen's Firewhisky: non

Had to look it up on wiki, but I think one of these two brands mentioned in the books should be offered as a proofed alcoholic and the other brand non.

Ogden's Old Firewhisky: 80 proof

Blishen's Firewhisky: non

With the popularity of Fireball that stuff would practically fly off the shelf.

So I was thinking about the epic battle scene that's supposed to take place in Gringott's. We have been told that the scene will involve a huge dome projection screen with a portion of the screen on a Kuka arm that will move out of place at the last second as the train speeds toward it. I was thinking it would look weird if you could see the track go toward the screen and then disappear, but then I wondered, do you think they will project the continuation of the track in the ride film so that it is a seamless transition? That would be awesome, and Universal has proven that they can do very smooth transitions in FJ, so I'm really excited to see what this scene entails.

Status
Not open for further replies.