Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been brought up before but I think I remember people getting tickets to return to Hogsmeade at the opening that couldn't wait in the queue. I was lucking to get in the queue right in front of the Jurassic Park Discovery Center for my first time there three weeks after opening.

Am I just imagining the return tickets or was it real?
It was real, and they have filed a Notice of Commencement that suggests that they're building a kiosk area in USF for Diagon Alley.

It was real, and they have filed a Notice of Commencement that suggests that they're building a kiosk area in USF for Diagon Alley.

Couldn't they just hand them out at the gate to the Studio's.
Never mind as I was typing this I realized there will be another entrance (hogwarts express)

They could hand out barcoded wristbands that say (cost of less than a billion)

Sorry if this has been brought up before but I think I remember people getting tickets to return to Hogsmeade at the opening that couldn't wait in the queue. I was lucking to get in the queue right in front of the Jurassic Park Discovery Center for my first time there three weeks after opening.

Am I just imagining the return tickets or was it real?

That's exactly where I was on opening day in that never ending line.

The new artwork is beautiful. The market looks like a really nicely designed area (complete with Butterbeer Brewery-esque signage over that archway!) and I think the expansion is going to rekindle that genuinely overwhelming feeling everyone got when entering Hogsmeade for the first time. I'm perhaps hoping for slightly more dense tree cover and foliage on the pathway leading to Hogsmeade station though, anyone else?

Listening to Harry's Wondrous World as I post this; I feel like I'm walking past Owl Post and up towards FJ with a butterbeer in hand :cheers:
Can you please post a link to the new artwork of the market I've been searching all over the web and can't seem to find it.

Mercy, this has been such an interesting day, on many fronts. Tons of both new, surprising and secret and sad things passed over my transom. Ain't life grand, shocking and frustrating at the same time. What will tomorrow bring... I leave you with the number 5.

Don't think I haven't noticed you returning to your old riddlesome self today, Teebin...

Chin up though, I hope there's nothing seriously wrong. I can relate with what you're saying.

Don't think I haven't noticed you returning to your old riddlesome self today, Teebin...

Chin up though, I hope there's nothing seriously wrong. I can relate with what you're saying.

In sad and frustrating, I was referring to HTFs and Bobs departure from here... that is sad. Nothing going on with me personally. I wish it were.

Except... secrets and drawings and the number 5. I almost forgot about those things. Sorry.

Last edited:
In sad and frustrating, I was referring to HTFs and Bobs departure from here... that is sad. Nothing going on with me personally. I wish it were.

Except... secrets and drawings and the number 5. I almost forgot about those things. Sorry.

Wait...what?

Both Bob and Hate are gone?
I noticed Hate's Twitter isn't working either. What's the deal?

One thing that I'm not sure that has been discussed is the Windows on the train. The windows are not just LCD's that your looking at. Think of it more like a window, with a Harry Potter Forbidden Journey Dome Screen against it. You will be able to move your head around by the window and see different angles of this 4k image on the dome screen.

Here is a description of it from http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/7856

"The Hogwarts Express journey will not be like anything created before at Universal. When asked if it compared to the King Kong Experience, DoQui replied, "No. This is very unique technology. Imagine looking out a window and being able to look to the edges of the window, up and down, and get all of that story information. This is unique to each cabin - they're getting the same journey and story experience but from the point of view of looking out the actual window and getting that actual detail.”

Now if you look at this image, you will see how the left side of the train sticks out with a curve to it. This is for the mini domes for the windows that you will look out.
s978.jpg

The idea of dome screens makes perfect sense. If you look at the animation stills and the bits of video on the new HE portion of the website, you can clearly see that the images are stretched/squashed around the perimeter in a slight fisheye-lens manner. That would imply that the image will be displayed on such a dome.

I think that the ability to move your head and see more information around the edges of the window will do a lot to eliminate apparent closeness of the screen.

It will be very interesting to see how it looks close-up. I get the feeling it's one of those things where planning and theory can only get you so far; I'm sure they made mock-ups of many different options to get a practical feel of how convincing it could be made, but I wonder if it's believable in a true sense, or believable in an 'as believable as it could be' sense.

I think behind this gate would be a cool place for them. :)

Mw4EHX0.jpg

I am pretty doubtful you'll get much more then screens. Maybe some air that blows on you in the cabin, but actual dementors in the train? Seems way too good to be true. I also think it's funny that you are disppointed there are two shows. They could have easily gone the cheaper route and made one show both ways.

I think there will be a lot more than just screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.