Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 162 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went out to get my mail today, and to my surprise, there was a snowy owl perched on top of the box. Inside the box was this white paper with odd images printed on it. I wonder what it might mean? :look:

daz_hint_zps59d0360b.jpg

Ever since I was a kid I was obsessed with antique, Georgian style theater sets (I even owned a paper recreation of one). So if we are getting anything like that, I'm going to be insanely excited. I would imagine they could do a show that incorporates stories from Tales of Beedle the Bard. Here's a scene from one of my favourite films, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, that features such a stage:
[video=youtube;I7zPO3jr10k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7zPO3jr10k[/video]

Loving the new teasers. I bet Universal really is hoping lightning strikes twice but I bet it will.

Ever since I was a kid I was obsessed with antique, Georgian style theater sets (I even owned a paper recreation of one). So if we are getting anything like that, I'm going to be insanely excited.

Ooooh... sorry, that was merely my choice to suggest "show". (although you will pleased to know that I did in fact search "antique paper theater" as I wanted it vague and unspecific)

You were absolutely correct on 1, 2, 3.

No one here could ever know what 4 and 5 are and are only meant as a visual hint of a small part of what you can expect to see. Generally speaking, what does 5 do?

Could your hints mean we are getting a sort of 'animatronic' play that appears to run on antique technology? Wooden set pieces and characters powered by clockwork?

The first time I set foot in Hogsmeade was 6/2/2010 at 9:03am. I was NOT staying in hotel, I just stalked the entrance every morning for a week until they let me in:

My children and I were staying in the hotel June 7 - June 10, and the hotel guests pretty much had the place to themselves for the first couple of hours although they were letting a handful (I presumed) of non-hotel guests in an hour or two before closing the Wizarding World around noon each day.

Here's what the Butterbeer line looked like during our stay:

29199_399829586212_4268302_n.jpg

And here's what it looked like on opening day a week later:

harry-potter-opening-day.jpg

A friend of mine went later that summer and said it took her two hours to purchase a chocolate frog. Not a problem if you live in Florida, but a bit of an issue if you're paying for plane tickets from Texas, hotel rooms, and tickets for 3 or 4. If I bought onsite hotel/Diagon Alley tickets again, I would definitely expect either everything to be up and running 100% so I could at least enjoy it all during my first pre-opening hour each morning, or to have mostly exclusive access to the park for a few hours if everything weren't up and running all day.

You were absolutely correct on 1, 2, 3.

No one here could ever know what 4 and 5 are and are only meant as a visual hint of a small part of what you can expect to see. Generally speaking, what does 5 do?

Does it roll around? Is it a theatre in the round that rotates?

My children and I were staying in the hotel June 7 - June 10, and the hotel guests pretty much had the place to themselves for the first couple of hours although they were letting a handful (I presumed) of non-hotel guests in an hour or two before closing the Wizarding World around noon each day.

Here's what the Butterbeer line looked like during our stay:

29199_399829586212_4268302_n.jpg

And here's what it looked like on opening day a week later:

harry-potter-opening-day.jpg

A friend of mine went later that summer and said it took her two hours to purchase a chocolate frog. Not a problem if you live in Florida, but a bit of an issue if you're paying for plane tickets from Texas, hotel rooms, and tickets for 3 or 4. If I bought onsite hotel/Diagon Alley tickets again, I would definitely expect either everything to be up and running 100% so I could at least enjoy it all during my first pre-opening hour each morning, or to have mostly exclusive access to the park for a few hours if everything weren't up and running all day.

I think it might have been true that they were letting a few very persistent people inside who were hanging around the entrance all day, but basically like you said the public didn't get in until the next week, I agree. That's probably the disconnect here. My experience was the same as yours, and I was hoping for another one like that, but it's sort of looking like that won't happen I guess. We're getting close to 60 days out from some kind of opening.

I think it might have been true that they were letting a few very persistent people inside who were hanging around the entrance all day, but basically like you said the public didn't get in until the next week,

It was a lot more than a few. I have a photo hanging on my wall from June 2nd, 2010 of my first time ever riding Forbidden Journey. That morning myself and at least 250 other people were camped out in the area near Poseidon's Fury/Fire Eater's Grill from about 9 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. when the events staff who had been insisting all morning that the Wizarding World would not be opening that day to regular guests let us all in. I walked into an empty Hogsmeade and right onto Forbidden Journey. I then enjoyed a quiet breakfast at Three Broomsticks.

One week later I did the same thing again. There were twice as many people there and we waited nearly 3 hours to be let in. And they let us in again. I don't think they just let us in out of the kindness of their hearts. It was a deliberate thing. What made it so special is that unlike that joke of a soft open Disney had for New Fantasyland, this was legitimately kept on the DL and access to the land was very strictly enforced, so when you actually got to go in, it was extremely special.

Could your hints mean we are getting a sort of 'animatronic' play that appears to run on antique technology? Wooden set pieces and characters powered by clockwork?

Given the gears it could be related to the Knight's bus.

Does it roll around? Is it a theatre in the round that rotates?

Both images are visual literals, however, they work as one even though there is more than one of both.

Regarding #5, what do cogged wheels do and why do they all do it? There is a really simple answer here.

Both images are visual literals, however, they work as one even though there is more than one of both.

Regarding #5, what do cogged wheels do and why do they all do it? There is a really simple answer here.

They mesh, they connect, they rotate, they move, they push, they work, they provide traction, they transfer motion, they operate. Hmmm. A moving stage? So many ways to get this answer wrong. :bang:

Loved the new teaser ads released today! :thumbs:

And I'm thoroughly enjoying this new Teebin riddle! :look: A show with a rotating stage on Carkitt Market... Sounds awesome! :cheers:

Hmmmm, so a rotating stage, allowing for quick set changes? Shades of Carousel of Progress, except outside?

When I say visual literals, it means you will see the box(es) and you will see the gears (sss).

This was not meant as a great revelation, just a hint of what few can see right now and where it will be seen when installed. There are a ton of other cool little curiosities coming elsewhere.

So I went for a wokk down to the town pe'uh today and the'yuh was this seagull sitting on a pea'uh pilin that told me that the'yuh was a meetin today, behind the scene, regarding 12345 but more specifically, 3. The gull also told me that the man that could force a rune stone to be completely rebuilt and actually make it bettuh was present. Much serie'us discusshin ensued.

Seems like stuff's happinin!

Status
Not open for further replies.