Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 166 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if any performer ever thought about auditioning for a super amazing job at Universal Orlando... I promise you... you WANT THIS JOB! It will be like no other theme park entertainment job in the world. APPLY! People here... tell your performer friends!

I'm a magician and stilt walker...does that count?

It might... THIS TIME.

Someone once told me that they considered magic tricks for phase I and that it was slammed by WB and it was never brought up again. (thank you OU secret source)

This time, not only might it work... it would work and not aggrieve any Potter super fan. 10% of me wants to fly down and audition myself; and that's saying something.

So, if any performer ever thought about auditioning for a super amazing job at Universal Orlando... I promise you... you WANT THIS JOB! It will be like no other theme park entertainment job in the world. APPLY! People here... tell your performer friends!
It might... THIS TIME.

Someone once told me that they considered magic tricks for phase I and that it was slammed by WB and it was never brought up again. (thank you OU secret source)

This time, not only might it work... it would work and not aggrieve any Potter super fan. 10% of me wants to fly down and audition myself; and that's saying something.

I am very intrigued, Teebs...

I just realized it myself from a picture Seth posted on twitter nonchalantly saying "nothing new" happening at Hogsmeade Station. This is new to me!

Speaking of which, our friend Seth Kubersky had a few updates from the parks today:

@TouringPlans: Construction wall were pushed back slightly near the old Amity bathrooms #DiagonAlley ~@skubersky

BjHFzFeIUAA4bQ3.jpg:large

@TouringPlans: Construction walls repositioned so you can walk along the Waterfront again. @UniversalORL #DiagonAlley ~@skubersky

BjHG-r-IgAAb9_z.jpg:large

@TouringPlans: The Wyndham Theatre windows were finally successfully installed #DiagonAlley ~@skubersky

BjHHg_TIYAAfWwB.jpg:large

@TouringPlans: Looks like the future location of a London Waterfront street lamp? #DiagonAlley ~@skubersky

BjHHTsiIYAA-O-2.jpg:large

@skubersky: New wall obscuring Hogwarts Express tracks between King's Cross & Disaster #diagonalley @UniversalORL

BjHIkCbIIAAGD1u.jpg:large

Also, yesterday @UORBuzz caught these:

"Charing Cross Rd sign"

BjCBNetIIAAuTp1.jpg:large

"Grimmauld place sign"

BjCC0YvIMAAUeDW.jpg:large

Should be noted that the wall between Disaster and Kings Cross doesn't obscure the track, only backstage. Why this is, I have no idea. (Well, I have some idea. It's to block backstage from the platform.)

Dare to dream that they build another one at the end of the brick facade.

Last edited:
What is that large rectangular structure that is in the first of Seth's photo's Felipe posted??? It's like right in front of wyndham

If you are talking about what I think you are, it's a concrete pillar that will make one side of the gate to the waterfront park area. It's closer to the camera than it looks in that photo and there is another one closer to Grimmauld Place.

I can't seem to find the piece of concept art that shows it.

UPDATE:

Found it!

London2.png

Last edited:

Ugh... Unfortunately, I'm only 17. Last time I checked their job listings they were hiring 18 and up for performers (not sure if they needed to be Union or not)... Do you know how long auditions will be held for? I could possibly work over the summer, and this sounds like a really fantastic opportunity.

So, I was reading back through replies to my pictorial clue. Some I just skimmed over at the time and for that I apologize. Someone nailed what the show will be about. I missed it but yep, on review, they nailed it. Congrats to the person who nailed it! So much fun!

:wave:

This^

I'm a magician and stilt walker...does that count?

It might... THIS TIME.

Coupled with these^

My leanings would be more along the lines of concealed wizardry. Maybe a street magician who is actually a wizard or something similar?

Makes me think this guess^ is true.

Well even 250 people is not the same as letting the public in, they just saw a group camped out each day and decided to let them in. But anyway, yes, I was hoping that they would do a limited open again, but I don't know what their plans are. They have been very silent this time around.

Why would they need to let any additional visitors in when they will have approximately 5000 more people entering the park early than they did in 2010, due to the opening of Cabana Bay with its 1800 rooms? Hogsmeade capacity is presumably 1500. I'm guessing Diagon Alley will double that, which means that the Cabana Bay guests alone will fill both WWOHP sections to capacity and still have 2000 people lined up to get inside.

Things will be very different compared to the 2010 opening. Never again will early entry mean a mere 15 minute wait for a major WWOHP attraction, I suspect.

Why would they need to let any additional visitors in when they will have approximately 5000 more people entering the park early than they did in 2010, due to the opening of Cabana Bay with its 1800 rooms? Hogsmeade capacity is presumably 1500. I'm guessing Diagon Alley will double that, which means that the Cabana Bay guests alone will fill both WWOHP sections to capacity and still have 2000 people lined up to get inside.

Things will be very different compared to the 2010 opening. Never again will early entry mean a mere 15 minute wait for a major WWOHP attraction, I suspect.

Someone read the oi article. But that's to say that each hotel is filled to capacity and people are all going to early entry. Which will not necassarily he the case. We also don't know how early entry will change or be affected once diagon opens. Early entry could expand to other sections to accommodate the added crowds

Cabana Bay gives early entry ?
I would not have thought that due to fact of No express for Cabana Bay.

From what I have read, yes Cabana gives early entry.

Missing in those numbers is the fact that (in the past anyway) one could get early entry by booking a package through UOR at one of the off site partner (I think that is the word they use) hotels.

There are also times when early entry is expanded to pass holders. So I am just trying to point out that early entry has never been limited to the number of guest at the three deluxe hotels.

BTW, I don't recall early entry being park-wide. For IoA, I think it's typically just Harry Potter, Hulk & Spidey. That's what I remember at least.

That's correct. I am just speculating that with the added amount of people for early entry, changes could come to how it works. Be it no more early entry for partner hotels, or expanded sections of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.