Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 328 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The walls are down! I think... on some other forum someone posted a photo showing them down... Don't hold me accountable.

Sorry some idiot on twitter wrote it and posted a photo. Walls are still up, obviously.

Last edited:
The walls are down! I think... on some other forum someone posted a photo showing them down... Don't hold me accountable.

Sorry some idiot on twitter wrote it and posted a photo. Walls are still up, obviously.

That would be very strange to take them down midday, I would think it would be very difficult with guests walking around. It does look like it's getting close though, I saw a photo of one of the carts out front fully stocked with merchandise.

I wouldn't be surprised if they come down tonight or tommorrow..with that front cart now stocked with merch..its possible the TMs are going today or tommorrow to experience the area, and then softs next week.

Also the front of London could be opened, but getting into Diagon, not so much yet.

^ Yeah, the best case scenario is that the walls do come down and people are allowed to wander London. That should return the boil to a simmer for a few more days. We shall see!

That's true, once the dragon wing is in place, they still have to test it and get it working reliably, and I don't see all that happening by the weekend. I'm starting to think this is all going to open much later than we think it will. Remember the first time around the softs didn't start until the package people arrived.

That's true, once the dragon wing is in place, they still have to test it and get it working reliably, and I don't see all that happening by the weekend. I'm starting to think this is all going to open much later than we think it will. Remember the first time around the softs didn't start until the package people arrived.

That was because packages were booked TOO soon. Do not compare either of these two openings to each other, both are different in every way imaginable.

I'm betting a beer that we see softs on or after June 14th, closed June 18th & 19th for media, then softs pick up again till the 26th for official opening.

Separately, I can see them keeping the walls up till right before the media events to prevent 'issues', and also taking them down because the walls cause issues (aka people standing on the benches).

Reactions: natespf

If the walls have came down all twitter feeds would be going in overdrive!

DSCF0154.jpg

DSCF0166.jpg

DSCF0191.jpg

Some photos from today rest can be seen here

Reactions: natespf and USO92
Ok I just got off the phone changing my reservation, so I can tell you what they are telling people at least. He said they are struggling trying to get it open for the July 4th weekend- that the ride keeps making safety stops and they're trying to sort that out, as well as do all the required testing. He said that it's likely they will now announce the grand opening during the media preview week, and that the date will likely be a July date. I went ahead and changed my dates to the first dates of the packages, June 29-July 1, to stay in a wait and see mode til then. Granted this was a phone rep, but that's what they are telling people right now.

Ok I just got off the phone changing my reservation, so I can tell you what they are telling people at least. He said they are struggling trying to get it open for the July 4th weekend- that the ride keeps making safety stops and they're trying to sort that out, as well as do all the required testing. He said that it's likely they will now announce the grand opening during the media preview week, and that the date will likely be a July date. I went ahead and changed my dates to the first dates of the packages, June 29-July 1, to stay in a wait and see mode til then. Granted this was a phone rep, but that's what they are telling people right now.

Phone reps are not usually clued in on information like this. If they end up correct I imagine it's by accident. Everything I hear still says June 14th or later for softs.

Thanks for the info thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.