Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 403 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple Questions for you guys:

1) Is the Leaky Cauldron bigger than 3B overall? It looks large. I wish there was a guest-accessible upper level but I think what you can see up there is just for show.

2) Will Ollivander's be a more intimate experience now that they have more show rooms? Will everyone get to pick out a wand with Ollivander himself? It would be cool if they upgraded the show to include the interactive wands instead of relying on timed effects.

Only the ground floor of LC is accessible, the dining area is a little larger than 3B but not very much.

Olivanders experience is identical to Hogsmeade, the 3 rooms make the line move quicker but the show is the same.

- - - Updated - - -

^
On another note, does anyone here know if there is one culprit with the Gringotts ride or are there a few locations that bring it to a hault? I know that the drop track was an issue at one time. Does it shut down even if the video goes out of sync? I would love to see such a list and the work-arounds that engineers come up with.

In the meantime, I will kick some ankles and see what I can find out. Thank goodness I have ankles to kick!

The biggest issue on Wed seemed to be the Kuka arm that moves the exit door for the finale launch. That's where it broke down for me, we watched techs work to reset it for a good 10 minutes. No issues tonight though.

- - - Updated - - -

What is Skub doing back on the ride tonight, when he bid the whole place adieu yesterday? He is such a cheeky fellow, he is.

I made a special request and was the only media allowed in tonight. Everyone else was travel agents and hotel sales reps, plus creative and entertainment folks. It was much more pleasant than the celebrity circus on Wed ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

According to HTF and Seth's twitter, they recorded the episode of the podcast within Diagon Alley. My curiosity is insanely peaked!

I sat on the top of the staircase to nowhere for the recording. You'll hear the dragon breath fire every ten minutes or so in the background...

This is the first picture I have seen looking back at the train track overpass thingy. I suppose most do not think it is a photogenic view. Did anyone hear the train sounds?

Per https://twitter.com/skubersky

BqoA02jCYAAzR25.jpg:large

I have a few questions. I apologize if they have already been answered, but I am trying to avoid this thread and Twitter because I want to leave it to be a surprise unlike it was for me during phase one. Anyways, here they are:

1. What is the train thing that goes over top of Diagon Alley? It js seen in a picture a few posts up.
2. Is it noticeable that there are multiple rooms in Olivander's?
3. What kind of reviews are both of the rides getting?
4. What kind of new merchandise can be bought at Fred & George's?

Is there no representation of Eyelops Owl Emporium? I haven't seen a single photo of it as a facade.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the interior of the Owl Emporium is just a queue for a different shop. So in the picture I've seen, there's a queue with railings and the ceiling has a bunch of owls hanging from it.

Well that's all I was hoping for, so I can dig that. I really liked all of the outside hanging cages in the first film but I haven't seen anything of that sort so far.

Flashback: If you have watched the video of the Bard's tale of two brothers, you may have been looking for the mechanical gears and box thingy that I riddled here a few months back. Well, it was cut. I knew this shortly after the riddle but I didn't have the heart to tell you that things were cut.

What replaced it you might wonder? It was replaced by the scroll shooting out of the cauldron, letting the players know what perform. The original plans were for a wild mechanical device with gears etc. that would rise up out of a wooden box and present the tale to be performed.

Tale of Two Brothers youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.