Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 412 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I gotta ask (and I'm guessing this is the best of the 3 different DA threads to post this on), what do you think the lines for other attractions will be like since Diagon will probably have the tickets to return to DA at a certain time. Are lines going to be so dispersed throughout the park because of this that we may see the E.T. ride finally reach something like 45 minutes? :yikes:

I would expect most of the rides will see an increase in wait time, because there will be more people in the park, but I think particularly Disaster, Fear Factor, and MIB will have higher wait times/attendance.

On a completely random note, I think the dragon should be named Albi

[video=youtube;gZA-m6u29rI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZA-m6u29rI[/video]

I was at the parks yesterday and my boyfriend and I asked some TMs who were outside of the waterfront about when they plan on opening the garages July 8. They didn't have a lot of information, but they did say that with Phase I, people were in line around 3 AM and once the cars piled back towards the I4, they were forced to let them inside the gates by the Highway Patrol. So they basically told us to get there early and park outside the garage entrance if you want to get in. They were forced to bring in employees for the garages so "as long as you are sitting out there you should be good". Of course, take it with a grain of salt. But for those planning on braving opening day, there you go. Some vague insight.

Light still not fixed...

5QhS9PV.jpg

I've been staring at this picture for 10 minutes trying to figure out what the problem is

Female dragons are more aggressive, the dragon wasn't aggressive, it just wanted to escape.

They had to have done it like that for a reason. Maybe the electrical just wouldn't work going there, or they needed more light out on the sidewalk, or who knows.

I just must point out your example reasons are nonsensical. They built the whole structure from the ground up and could have put electrical wherever they wanted at the time. Moving the light 2 feet does not light the sidewalk better (it would have lit basically the same area even if properly positioned), and that is not the only light for the area. These lights are decorative and should be positioned accordingly.

I just must point out your example reasons are nonsensical. They built the whole structure from the ground up and could have put electrical wherever they wanted at the time. Moving the light 2 feet does not light the sidewalk better (it would have lit basically the same area even if properly positioned), and that is not the only light for the area. These lights are decorative and should be positioned accordingly.

okay, then please explain WHY they did than then. What is your reason for it?

please enlighten me.

I think the designer has a total disdain for symmetry, justified or otherwise. In this particular case, it hurts my brain to look at it.

It's a complete eyesore. It just makes no sense.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me that much. It's a little strange and I don't know why they would have planned it that way, but I never think of it until someone on hear mentions it again.

Maybe it would help to remember that we only have half of the King's Cross facade, so you can pretend that it's the same way on the other side which we don't see. Symmetry! :lol:

Could it be the placement of the downspout? I realize the column on the opposite side has a downspout as well, but it is off to one side, while the column in question's downspout is more centered, leaving less room for conduit and junction boxes.

Just a guess, though.

-Andy

Unless these lights were a complete afterthought the placement had to be intentional. Perhaps there was some idea behind it being a little off, maybe in a very subtle way they wanted things to just not quite appear right?

Status
Not open for further replies.