Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 418 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said before, I wouldn't expect them to appear, or even do any filming. You know a lot of voice work can be recorded over a phone now a days. How many lines of dialog do they actually have in both of these rides? Maybe 3? How long could that possibly take to record?

If there goal was not to be typecast, then they failed. They will ALWAYS be known as the Potter kids, and not doing a few lines of dialog isn't going to change any of that.

Like I said, it shows a lack of respect to me. They would probably be working a desk job if it wasn't for these movies.

Sorry to derail the thread, it just rubs me the wrong way.

It's also entirely possible that they wanted a lot more money then UOR was willing to spend to have a few lines of voice work. I realize I may not know the whole story.

Is this it?

Here you go... darken the room you are in!

With the gate:
stair2_zps900c72a2.jpg

Through the gate:
stair1_zpsbfe3055f.jpg

Last edited:
This "making of" video... does it contain Major Spoilers?
I'm trying to stay as spoiler free until we go in November... it's SO HARD) The only thing I'm allowing myself to look at is pictures of exteriors...

Here you go... darken the room you are in!

With the gate:
stair2_zps900c72a2.jpg

Through the gate:
stair1_zpsbfe3055f.jpg

Woah--so cool! Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying to stay as spoiler free until we go in November... it's SO HARD) The only thing I'm allowing myself to look at is pictures of exteriors...

Very much so. It shows the actors filming their scenes for the HE and Gringott's, so basically you would know most of the appearances from watching it.

You guys are being ridiculous about the actors. There's a reason they are setting a precedent now. There will be a Phase 3 down the road. Just because they are associated with the role doesn't mean they have to keep playing it over and over. They've been playing it for 13 years already. If the don't draw the line now, they will be expected to return for Phase 3, or for something else entirely. They did Phase 1 and have literally given half their lives for it. And don't be petty and say they aren't grateful. These guys are all extremely good friends with Rowling and have done a lot for their fans. They just want to move on.

It's also entirely possible that they wanted a lot more money then UOR was willing to spend to have a few lines of voice work. I realize I may not know the whole story.
It's also possible UOR didn't want to have to pay royalties to them AGAIN.

Not seen it yet, can only find a link to the preview. Link anyone?

I will be over in Sept maybe see you in DA :cheers:

It does contain many many many interior/ride visual spoilers. That said, if you have seen the movies... then you have kinda seen most of the spoilers already.

You guys are being ridiculous about the actors. There's a reason they are setting a precedent now. There will be a Phase 3 down the road. Just because they are associated with the role doesn't mean they have to keep playing it over and over. They've been playing it for 13 years already. If the don't draw the line now, they will be expected to return for Phase 3, or for something else entirely. They did Phase 1 and have literally given half their lives for it. And don't be petty and say they aren't grateful. These guys are all extremely good friends with Rowling and have done a lot for their fans. They just want to move on.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if Universal used a suitable voice actor for Hermione I don't think you would hear so many complaints.

Imagine if they did use Dan and Emma's real voices--you would hear complaints about how they only did voice work and didn't show their faces :smiley:

Does Hermione say something so out of the ordinary that they couldn't cut and paste it from her film dialogue?

Follow twitter right now, open ONLY for park to park guests of course.

Talk about an easy way to get rid of the [HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG] people camping in front of London :lol:

Here come aboard the train and go over to Hogsmeaded

I wonder how many people are going to make repeat trips back and forth on the train? I would imagine quite a few.

I wonder how many people are going to make repeat trips back and forth on the train? I would imagine quite a few.

Well our trusty reporter @AmusementBuzz has just gone London - Hogsmeade and is now heading back, so nothing to stop people so far it appears. I wonder how long they'll keep it open if it all goes smoothly with no tech issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.