Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1hym.jpg

.​

Your onto something but that's not it.

I'm thinking it will be a new system having to deal with the lockers. You would be able to open your locker using a fingerprint as per usual or you could have the option to purchase a special edition key for your locker.

Since those keys are obviously a part of the media event, is it possible they'll be included as some detail once the park itself opens? Could the keys be what HTF was talking about for the Gringotts queue? (That thing that people WILL want to purchase?)

Is that the only thing we know right now? There will be something in the queue that people will want to buy?

I could see there being something where you put in a 'deposit' in some sort of locker or set piece(s) and there is some sort of show element as a result of it.

Is that the only thing we know right now? There will be something in the queue that people will want to buy?

That is all that most of us know, yes. The only thing that is a big deal and new about it is the selling of stuff in a queue. What that stuff turns out to be is inconsequential in the scheme of things.

What about someone selling Gringotts bells to ward off the Dragon in the vault? Tho I'm sure that would annoy the heck out of everyone.

If I were going to retail anything, I would sell special edition commemorative Dolby 3D glasses for the ride itself. The things are pricey to begin with, and if they could make money off from them, rather than lose money, it would be a win/win.

I cannot believe I posted this, when I said it didn't matter... :blank:

That's actually a fabulous idea. It serves two purposes: 1) offering something tangible and 2) offering yet another amenity aside from Express to your vacation. After all, you've just waited 3 hours for the new Gringotts bank themed roller coaster, and now you want to make sure your experience on it is the very best it can be. Sounds like the perfect impulse purchase to me :p

Currently when you stay at an on site hotel you have the benefit of going into IOA 1 hour before park hours do you think this will go the same for universal studios right away ? I'm not sure how it went when phase 1 opened

Have no idea if this is still the case with the new 3D glasses, but I know Disney CMs used to be told to confiscate any glasses that guests might have left the theater with. If the glasses were worn outside in the daylight, there was allegedly some danger of guests damaging their eyesight. Allegedly. I don't know the science of the glasses enough to know if this was a legitimate fear.

But if it is the case, I'm not sure they'd sell you 3D glasses for you to carry around the park.

I'm part of a french website about HP and we receive the mail about Gringotts vault website but sadly (may be because we're too far) doesn't receive the Gringotts key in real, so so beautiful

to clarify for the person who ask The video have been filming at Harry Potter tour in London not actually in Diagon Alley in construction

I am so happy that Skubersky wanders about on this website. His perspectives come from a completely different angle than anyone else.

Aw, I'm blushing! I'm just glad there's a place like this where I can share. :)
To be honest, I started as a fan of Uni, became an employee, and now get to experience it from the perspective of a journalist. Of the 3, being media is the most fun... ;-)

<<Will USF have extra hour early for Diagon Alley?>>

They did at IOA for the original, so yeah I'm imagining they will. The issue is that you will now share the hour early with the 1,800 rooms they will be adding at Cabana Bay. That could be over 3000 people during peak times, and the opening of Diagon alley will be super-peak times.

<:heart:D glasses confiscated>>
They're confiscated because Disney loses money on each pair that isn't returned. Universal would do the same thing, they literally just sent out a message to employees to get us to crack down on turning in the glasses. "many guests mistake our 3D glasses for souvenirs" You are correct, people will damage their eyes. But my guess is that its more of a loss prevention thing than anything else.

I'm part of a french website about HP and we receive the mail about Gringotts vault website but sadly (may be because we're too far) doesn't receive the Gringotts key in real, so so beautiful

to clarify for the person who ask The video have been filming at Harry Potter tour in London not actually in Diagon Alley in construction

If I read your question right, yes, the video they filmed announcing the webcast was filmed at the studio tour in London, not in Orlando's Diagon Alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.