Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 194 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I've been told the Knight bus is on stands and will be moved once there's more clearance at [HASHTAG]#diagonalley[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#HarryPotter[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#MuggleNet[/HASHTAG]"

Clearance, CLEARANCE for what, the NSA, CIA, Secret Service? Um... I don't think that this is so. :look:

Also of note, I assumed the other cabbie stand had been installed too... not quite there yet I guess.

Last edited:
Wow. Well I wanted an update and I got one! Can't get much better than that! Thanks Mugglenet and Felipe!

Fixed ;-) and credit goes to @MickeyXtreme. I'm not sure why he tagged MuggleNet :shrug: Maybe he was their correspondent or maybe he just wanted them to see it and post about it to their readers? MuggleNet has not posted about it or re-tweeted him yet, so I'm not sure :shrug: Maybe he really meant to put #PotterWatch and didn't remember the proper hashtag :p

Clearance, CLEARANCE for what, the NSA, CIA, Secret Service? Um... I don't think that this is so. :look:

Yeah, that one threw me off... I'm pretty sure it's staying there. Unless they've decided to change its place for some reason.

I took a few photos as well today but nothing all that major.

The berm:
62BC990C-D8B3-416C-9376-94AB125E8CA3.jpg

Progress on the columns:
B546CA19-6400-4E2D-AA06-02EF92D52123.jpg

078CEE69-4D55-4E14-851A-FA6A7B144090.jpg

Chandeliers:
7EB25F55-C704-4F4C-B1A8-CA5EEA1B0DDA.jpg

Screed & Sons: (Is the name a reference to something?)
61AE02CE-420E-469A-85AB-D3B9D8E14F5C.jpg

1222CECB-09E4-44A9-B1F1-46601DF37720.jpg

Reactions: natespf
What is the origin of the name Screed? Anyone know?

No, but if it's on Charing Cross Road, I'm betting it's a book store. I believe there's an Obscurus Books storefront in Carkitt Market as well, right? Obscurus is supposedly the publisher of "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," so perhaps there is a Fantastic Beasts link to Screed, too.

On second thought, Leaky Cauldron is supposed to be located between a Muggle book shop and a record store, so maybe Screed is that unnamed Muggle book shop.

Last edited:
Fake grass would have been better if their isnt going to be a barrier/fence between the path and the grass. Everything looks great!

Thanks for the great pics Gambit. The whole street looks incredible. They have surpassed my expectations and that is just the facade. I asked this question before but it looks like it got lost. Anyone know or have a guess how tall the highest point of the facades are and the height of the Gringotts show building? Just curious.

Sorry I'm late to this party. Yes, WB's team (especially Allan Gillmore) did the lion's share of scenic design work, but UC was responsible for the attraction design, Uni Entertainment (Mike Aiello) came up with the shows, and Uni Art & Design (David Hayes) built props & decor. It was definitely a group effort.

I think you mean David Hughes. :wave:

It's been a little while since I've visited the boards. I was trying to sweep through the postings but there has been a lot. Do we have any new guesstimations on when softs and the grand opening will be since were getting so close to the summer?

It's been a little while since I've visited the boards. I was trying to sweep through the postings but there has been a lot. Do we have any new guesstimations on when softs and the grand opening will be since were getting so close to the summer?

Softs are possible the first week of June. Grand opening, as I understand it, is in the June 16-20 range.

Fake grass would have been better if their isnt going to be a barrier/fence between the path and the grass. Everything looks great!

Disney has lots of areas with real grass that people sit on, walk on, etc and they always look pretty nice. I don't think this will be an issue and I think it will look nicer and more realistic being real grass.

Disney has lots of areas with real grass that people sit on, walk on, etc and they always look pretty nice. I don't think this will be an issue and I think it will look nicer and more realistic being real grass.

Yeah, this has to be real for this very real side of the project. If there is any issue with foot traffic, they will install a decorative wrought iron fence. Otherwise, it shouldn't be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.