Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3 | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Something Tower of Terror-ish. The facade would be London, and then there would be a secret entrance to enter the Ministry of Magic.
I was thinking an elevator ride, but then I realized that elevator rides are tall and ministry of magic has to be as hidden as possible. Even more than diagon alley since it is underground. A ride like tower of terror is too big for an area like this unless it's an elevator simulator and you don't really go up or down. That would be depressing.

I was thinking an elevator ride, but then I realized that elevator rides are tall and ministry of magic has to be as hidden as possible. Even more than diagon alley since it is underground. A ride like tower of terror is too big for an area like this unless it's an elevator simulator and you don't really go up or down. That would be depressing.

It might be a little far to say a simulated elevator would be depressing. However, the experience would certainly not be.....uplifting. :shades:

In all seriousness though, agreed that an elevator that doesn't move would be like having the elevator in the Gringotts queue as a marquee attraction. However, the elevators in the ministry are also capable of lateral movement, so maybe they could focus on that?

It might be a little far to say a simulated elevator would be depressing. However, the experience would certainly not be.....uplifting. :shades:

In all seriousness though, agreed that an elevator that doesn't move would be like having the elevator in the Gringotts queue as a marquee attraction. However, the elevators in the ministry are also capable of lateral movement, so maybe they could focus on that?

In all seriousness, the more I think of a potential MoM attraction..the more I want it to be something else than it circulating on the "Elevators".

Maybe some sort of Walkthrough attraction with the MoM would be interesting. Maybe, almost doing it as if it'd be like Poseidon's Fury giving birth with Ollivanders and having modern day effects?

Reactions: DanB89
Does anyone else not really see the appeal in a MoM ride at all?

Even the most die-hard Harry Potter fans I know only really care about visiting Hogwarts, Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. I can't really think of many people who would care about visiting the Ministry of Magic, but I guess I could be wrong. Plus, the climax of the 5th book/film doesn't feel like it'd make for that interesting or exciting attraction either, IMO.

Even the most die-hard Harry Potter fans I know only really care about visiting Hogwarts, Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. I can't really think of many people who would care about visiting the Ministry of Magic, but I guess I could be wrong. Plus, the climax of the 5th book/film doesn't feel like it'd make for that interesting or exciting attraction either, IMO.
Interesting point. Perhaps that's why rumors of a Ministry attraction have nearly disappeared.

If there us an expansion in USF, I feel like it will be London because the facade can easily be extended, however, if not the Ministry, what else could fit London?

Reactions: LJGonz
If there us an expansion in USF, I feel like it will be London because the facade can easily be extended, however, if not the Ministry, what else could fit London?
Big Ben Drop Tower...Just kidding :lol:...or The London Tower of Death horror attraction...or a Giant Pendulum....London swings like a pendulum swings, theme song....Now, I'm showing my age.

Reactions: anihilnation
Big Ben Drop Tower...Just kidding :lol:...or The London Tower of Death horror attraction...or a Giant Pendulum....London swings like a pendulum swings, theme song....Now, I'm showing my age.
Lol, I meant Harry Potter stuff set in London, but actually they could easily have some giant tower like Big Ben and use it as a structure for an indoor drop tower. The MoM building can be the queue etc., so you would not know you really are in the Big Ben instead lol.

Reactions: Mad Dog
A walk through based on the 5th book would be seriously awesome. It would essentially be a HHN maze, circular room where the walls spin, you open one door, go into a room with all kinds of magic. Prophecy room, tank with large swimming brains, the veil room with a battle sequence with the order, everytime you're lead back to the circular room a magical glowing x appears on the door marking it off. Whole thing ends with a battle between dumbledore and Voldemort in the attrium with explosions, water practical effects. Very similar to Poseidon but using musion. Characters could apparate during the battle to explain the jump from musion screen to musion screen.

Lol, I meant Harry Potter stuff set in London, but actually they could easily have some giant tower like Big Ben and use it as a structure for an indoor drop tower. The MoM building can be the queue etc., so you would not know you really are in the Big Ben instead lol.
Yes, I knew that. I was just being silly.......Seriously, I think the key is if they do the rumored Dragon Challenge area redo for 2019/2020. If that gets done, I wouldn't think there would be an expansion of Diagon/London for a good while, since there's so many major projects (Nintendo, Fourth park) on the front burner. Now, if Dragon Challenge area doesn't happen, then I would expect a Diagon/London expansion in the near future. Potter is too much of a cash cow to not do anything new major with the franchise. It's already been almost three years since Diagon/London, so Universal is certainly due to start building something new pretty soon. Money talks, and HP has a loud voice.

The rumor was that contractually they have to build another section. Something akin to the old Epcot contracts that required pavilion reinvestment in a certain number of years (overhaul or replacement) which is why so many "beloved" rides were modified or torn down.

When I think of a MoM expansion I keep on wondering how weird it would be. An indoor HP land? UOR has never had an indoor land. Also, the ministry is all marble and would be impossible for outsiders to not get the floor dirty or slippery. I would love to see the land, but maintenance would be a nightmare.

Ministry of Magic is probably my least favorite bit of design in the whole wizarding world, so you're not alone.

Reactions: captainmoch
It's got to be the forbidden forrest....so much potential

Potter phase 3 makes too much sense, and given the last 2 areas have paid for themselves almost instantly, I hope it wouldn't affect none Potter expansion, as some other areas of Islands are looking a little aged

Ministry of Magic is probably my least favorite bit of design in the whole wizarding world, so you're not alone.
Yeah... if we got a Diagon expansion I'd rather have some sort of Knight Bus attraction or maybe even a stage show. Ministry of Magic just sounds... very unappealing.

Reactions: awhen