Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

I know I'm asking a slightly random question but does anyone know what height/build they look for in the puppeteers show at Diagon Alley? Asking so I don't get my hopes up, since they aren't currently taking auditions for it.

I know I'm asking a slightly random question but does anyone know what height/build they look for in the puppeteers show at Diagon Alley? Asking so I don't get my hopes up, since they aren't currently taking auditions for it.
They usually post them if they are looking for the position. They will usually put the desired height of an individual.

The outfits are made for the individuals - well, fitted from a stock of various sizes, but custom cut if needed. Unless you're dramatically out of normal size ranges there shouldn't be an issue.

As for auditioning - they tend to do pooled auditions for either dramatic or comedic or both.

Then they plop people into various shows as they see fit. Performers are either "contract" for a role and guaranteed hours or ranked pool and essentially part time and get hours to fill in as needed.

Few do just a single particular show. Many start just 1 day a week or something though. They have to audition internally when show openings come up.

And moreso than puppeteer ability it's if you can act the part of Virge, Darby, etc...

The reason I asked is because I know certain roles have specific height requirements and I was afraid that because I'm on the shorter side of guys I might not fit the part.
Good to know they basically don't assign you specifically! I'd love to work any show in Universal, Diagon Alley just happens to fit my particular interest with Potter.

The reason I asked is because I know certain roles have specific height requirements and I was afraid that because I'm on the shorter side of guys I might not fit the part.
Good to know they basically don't assign you specifically! I'd love to work any show in Universal, Diagon Alley just happens to fit my particular interest with Potter.

I hope you get it because it's my favorite Diagon show.

Hmmm... one would think there was a Universal entertainment person on this site to put a good word in for you. One thing to keep in mind is that Universal entertainment longer term employees tend to get preferential treatment on desirable parts. Ever thus in any kind of employment. Still, who you know will help. Seek them out! ;)

Of course! I'd be happy for any sort of assistance, and if anyone around here can offer any that would be wonderful. I'm unsure where to seek assistance elsewhere however...

Harry Potter Land is the best thing Universal has added and any additions will bring huge profits. I really think it would be neat if they also build a Harry Potter themes Resort on the property.

^They'll probably capitalize on that given that Disney is planning on doing so with Star Wars. We live in an experience based market right now - and studies show that people will pay up for unique opportunities like staying at a Potter-themed resort.

^They'll probably capitalize on that given that Disney is planning on doing so with Star Wars. We live in an experience based market right now - and studies show that people will pay up for unique opportunities like staying at a Potter-themed resort.
I would definitely be in line to stay at a Potter Themed Resort.

I was thinking less of a hotel but a small bed n breakfast like the leaky cauldron
Edit: Probably one of my favorite scenes from all 8 movies.

This guy was the facility design manager for Diagon Alley during its construction. Apparently, he wanted to move up to a creative manager or director within UC, but they dragged their heels. So, he looked elsewhere, leaving VB mid-project:

He sure looks happy!

This Saturday's Top Six story on Touring Plans is a ranking of the Top Six attractions at Universal according to Touring Plans guest satisfaction surveys. While it's not a true General Public rating, it's fairly close since most of TP's membership is there for trip planning purposes. In 2015, Touring Plans did an All Star panel rating of the Universal attractions. A few dozen of the most prominent writers, bloggers & observers of the Orlando theme park scene were represented, including Len Testa, Jim Hill, IU's very own, Hate to Fly (Andy). Two very interesting and fairly different lists, which kind of shows how ride ranking thought processes are when it comes to favorite attractions. Lots of surprises. .....

2017 TP Readers.........................2015 All Star Panel
1)Hogwart's Express..................1)Spider Man
2)Hulk........................................2)Forbidden Journey
3)Popeye & Bluto Bilge Rat......3)Gringotts
4)Spider Man............................4)Mummy
5)Gringotts................................5)Transformers
6)Forbidden Journey................6)Men In Black

Would love to know what the Universal Orlando internal guest surveys of their General Public are.
So, what do you guys & gals think of these results?

Last edited:
This Saturday's Top Six story on Touring Plans is a ranking of the Top Six attractions at Universal according to Touring Plans guest satisfaction surveys. While it's not a true General Public rating, it's fairly close since most of TP's membership is there for trip planning purposes. In 2015, Touring Plans did an All Star panel rating of the Universal attractions. A few dozen of the most prominent writers, bloggers & observers of the Orlando theme park scene were represented, including Len Testa, Jim Hill, IU's very own, Hate to Fly (Andy). Two very interesting and fairly different lists, which kind of shows how ride ranging thought processes are when it comes to favorite attractions. Lots of surprises. .....

Would love to know what the Universal Orlando internal guest surveys of their General Public are.

Gob smacked at the 2017 top 3, all good attractions but wouldn't be my choice, mine would fall closer to the 2015 list. Does that make me an all star? ;):lol:

Also shows how much the GP love potter, with all 3 main attractions making the list that surely justifies more expansions.

Gob smacked at the 2017 top 3, all good attractions but wouldn't be my choice, mine would fall closer to the 2015 list. Does that make me an all star? ;):lol:

Also shows how much the GP love potter, with all 3 main attractions making the list that surely justifies more expansions.

I think it highlights as well that big steel coasters are still really popular as well as water rides.

All star panel focused on dark rides mainly while TP readers enjoyed a variety.

This Saturday's Top Six story on Touring Plans is a ranking of the Top Six attractions at Universal according to Touring Plans guest satisfaction surveys. While it's not a true General Public rating, it's fairly close since most of TP's membership is there for trip planning purposes. In 2015, Touring Plans did an All Star panel rating of the Universal attractions. A few dozen of the most prominent writers, bloggers & observers of the Orlando theme park scene were represented, including Len Testa, Jim Hill, IU's very own, Hate to Fly (Andy). Two very interesting and fairly different lists, which kind of shows how ride ranging thought processes are when it comes to favorite attractions. Lots of surprises. .....

I'm a 2015 kinda guy......