Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well technically at least two.

Hogsmede opened with two reskinned coasters and FJ.

Diagon opened with two brand new rides: Gringott’s and the Express.

Opening with a ride and a show would be pretty standard to open with two “attractions”.
I forgot about the train, but I did say new. Meaning never been in the park, I don't feel a re-skin is very new. So original opened with 1 new ride, diagon opened with two. This is opening with a ride and show. All pretty comparable.

Honestly I'm glad that the 2nd ride got shelved because a VR concept just sounded terrible (especially for guest /hr). Also "screenz" ...kinda.

I'm very curious to see what exactly the Ministry of Magic ride entails, obviously screens are expected, but I'm having a hard time picturing what kind of thrill a trial would offer up. Unfortunately it sounds like a boring concept, but I'm going to have to dig up Alicia's video about it to refresh my memory. Good thing I got my "Floo" shot :eyes:

The show should have a lot of "wow"-factor considering it's a big circus + wizardry! Woo!

Back to the expansion space... I HATE that "The Great Hall" restaurant is rumored. Yes, yay sit down restaurant. BUT once again, it's avoiding the Parisian land for more "Hogwarts" (similar to the existing MoM ride). I'd hope for a Fantastic Beasts ride/restaurant in the expansion (despite its lukewarm reception as far as films go)

/end rant :skull:

Honestly I'm glad that the 2nd ride got shelved because a VR concept just sounded terrible (especially for guest /hr). Also "screenz" ...kinda.

I seem to recall reading one of the factors that got the VR attraction shelved was it would've required a larger than normal number of TMs to operate on the scale they wanted.

Reactions: Ahmanet and TylerG

I'm very curious to see what exactly the Ministry of Magic ride entails, obviously screens are expected, but I'm having a hard time picturing what kind of thrill a trial would offer up. Unfortunately it sounds like a boring concept, but I'm going to have to dig up Alicia's video about it to refresh my memory. Good thing I got my "Floo" shot :eyes:

The show should have a lot of "wow"-factor considering it's a big circus + wizardry! Woo!

Back to the expansion space... I HATE that "The Great Hall" restaurant is rumored. Yes, yay sit down restaurant. BUT once again, it's avoiding the Parisian land for more "Hogwarts" (similar to the existing MoM ride). I'd hope for a Fantastic Beasts ride/restaurant in the expansion (despite its lukewarm reception as far as films go)

/end rant :skull:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who really hates the idea of Great Hall going here, it really makes the land itself feel Hodgepodge Potter land inside of the land of ministries of Magic.

I hope the 2nd ride expansion is still the French Ministry so, the land's name still makes sense and they don't just awkwardly have Wizarding Paris as the walkway to Potter locations

Calling the land MoM was brilliant ... vague enough that the Paris setting is explainable

This land works for HP fans and people who just want to hang out in Paris
I think it definitely works to get fans of just Harry Potter proper interested. I just think Paris Ministry should also be included so the fact Wizarding Paris the land itself isn't awkward and poorly theming decision.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Draco Malfoy GIF

Reactions: n i c k
While any Potter store will probably always do well, it remains to be seen just how much truly unique merchandise this new Wizarding World will introduce. If the WW:MOM merch line is 70 - 80% (just throwing out numbers based on nothing!) the same HP stuff that can be gotten in all of the Universal shops around the resort, there might not be a pressing need for an additional dedicated storefront in Celestial Park.

But my hope is that there will be a lot of new and unique-to-this-park merchandise. The Ministry of Magic, being essentially a bunch of offices, could afford the possibility of unique office supply-type stuff, for example (stationery, pens, desk/workspace knick-knacks). Give me a set of official-looking M.O.M. file folders! Presumably the ride exit shop could certainly handle that, though.

I'm also expecting the Toblerone-esque wand boxes will be sold in the land, as well (hopefully with a new slate of wand designs unique to Paris, too). But beyond that...? I guess we'll see.

I hope so-- the "main" store looks undersized to me, and I'm guessing a large percentage will need to be devoted to Potter since this Potter only store was postponed.
Are Mario and the main store the only non-stand stores we’re expecting in Celestial? Seems odd for a land that size.