Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wonder what the theme of the ride vehicles will be ? The other HP rides have great designs , especially Gringotts.

The MMOM ride will basically be a next gen SCOOP with the ability to rise up 12 feet. So it would be able to create the sensation of free falling. But the ride track is on one level.
Everyone keeps saying it can do this but then also say there aren’t any drops. So if I am missing something (which is likely) whats the point of it?

Presumably to help sell the illusion of being in an elevator traversing multiple floors in the Ministry (without having to build multiple "true" elevator shafts).
I also think it's a better system for replicating the "magic" elevators you see in the films. They have mechanical bits (and sounds) but the "aggressive floating" you see in the movies works better with this system than, say, what you see on Tower of Terror.

Much like Transformers drives forward 5 to 10 feet at the start of a scene to sell the illusion of driving forward, this will go up or down at the start of a scene to sell the gut feeling for rising or falling, while also using three points of motion to simulate a magic floaty feeling.

Oh, yeah, I'd take a ride over the dining hall six days of the week and twice on Saturday. But they gotta build that dining hall and fast - they're leaving money on the table. It should have appeared somewhere years ago.

In terms of expansion ride priority (not necessarily my preference), I think HtTyD needs a major ride most desperately and Mario needs it least. Between Potter and Monsters, I think Monsters needs expansion slightly more simply because Potter Paris is likely to be a bigger draw and the Circus will hopefully by a more substantial attraction then Monsters coaster.
So basically all the lands need an expansion based on this post. Which I’m not saying is wrong because the park is gonna need all the additional capacity it can get.

If it’s as successful as predicted Potter and Monsters certainly could use another ride. Mario and HTTYD can wait in my opinion.

So basically all the lands need an expansion based on this post. Which I’m not saying is wrong because the park is gonna need all the additional capacity it can get.

If it’s as successful as predicted Potter and Monsters certainly could use another ride. Mario and HTTYD can wait in my opinion.
Agreed. I am surprised the rumors are Mario would be getting the first expansion as I feel Potter and Monsters need it the most. HTTYD could be last, I feel it is the most well rounded lands of the whole park. They really went all out on this land from the start.

Agreed. I am surprised the rumors are Mario would be getting the first expansion as I feel Potter and Monsters need it the most. HTTYD could be last, I feel it is the most well rounded lands of the whole park. They really went all out on this land from the start.
Technically, the rumor is that Potter gets the first expansion. But if we’re talking only new rides, it’s possible Luigi is first.

Reactions: Suchomimus
Technically, the rumor is that Potter gets the first expansion. But if we’re talking only new rides, it’s possible Luigi is first.
I thought Potter was dining first though, which I don't really count as an attractions since you have to pay to enjoy it.

Reactions: belloq87
Plot twist, they fargo expanding the current worlds/portals and add a NEW one on one of the available pads!
I don't think it's very likely we will see that happen this decade. Once Epic opens, I think the main focus will be improving the existing parks.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Wouldn't that improve the existing parks? And no one is talking time frame, just what would be next. . . for Epic. . .
I just mean that if there's going to be a full new land being built in the foreseeable future, it probably wont be at Epic, at least for a while. Individual attractions being added to the existing lands is more likely in the next few years.