Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe) | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Okay… Nerd hat on. I did a bit of research on this whole Time Turner thing.

First off, Cursed Child IS canon. That matters. The first “true” time-turner was created/discovered in 2020. This true time-turner allows controlled travel forward and backwards through time with no limitations. The British Ministry of Magic is in possession of it. It stands to reason that device informed (or IS) the time-turner charging the portal into the land.

Second, the time-turners held at the British Ministry were not “destroyed” during the Battle at the Department of Mysteries. They got stuck in a time loop of constantly falling over, rendering them “unusable.” However, that only affects the British time-turners. So, it stands to reason salvaging one isn’t really impossible. Other countries’ Ministries are also in possession of them, so they DO still exist.

FWIW, over-complicating this stuff is how you get a Galaxy’s Edge…
And no easy way to update a land. Considering how divisive the sequel trilogy was with the fanbase, Disney definitely wishes they went with the Avengers Campus approach to GE where any new character can show up with no problem.

It will be a bit harder for me to enjoy the FB show, knowing if it weren't for that it could all be one time period lol.
Continuity within the Wizarding World has NEVER been Universal’s strong suit:

Everything wrong with Hogsmeade

Adding Diagon only further compunded the timeline issues.

At least here we have the time turned as an explanation of sorts (even if time travel/parallel dimensions have become a bit of a plot crutch of late).

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Continuity within the Wizarding World has NEVER been Universal’s strong suit:

Everything wrong with Hogsmeade

Adding Diagon only further compunded the timeline issues.

At least here we have the time turned as an explanation of sorts (even if time travel/parallel dimensions have become a bit of a plot crutch of late).

I've voiced my complaints about that. It's why my opinion of Forbidden Journey has fallen over the years (it's not even in my top four rides at Islands, as great as the technology is). I don't expect a perfect continuity, but give me a comprehensible plot at least.

Last edited: