YETI: Campground Kills (HHN 32) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

YETI: Campground Kills (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Historically, Original dark comedy houses have been better received than IP dark comedy houses.

Though the Chucky conceit sounds more like an Original take on an IP, so I have a hard time classifying it as a book report IP house.

Reactions: Grabnar
Yeti was considered a comedy house? I know there were some funny moments, but it didn't feel like a comedy house to me.
Surprisingly, yes… the concept is so absurd that it becomes hilarious; specially those two kill scenes; But it sure was intense.
I don’t have a crystal ball, but my bets are on Yeti being the more intense comedy House, due to the nature and design of that house.
Most likely; but they’re really hyping up the campy aspect. Chucky can be really fun with the more enclosed layout of F&F, and puppet scares usually get me good.

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Licensed Original.

God, I really need everyone to start recognizing that category.
That’s actually a perfect description.

So, Yukon Yeti recreated the mirror scene from Swamp Yeti since that was so popular. What scene do we expect Campground Yeti to recreate from Yukon Yeti?

The door kill or the overhead scare were pretty memorable from that house, so I imagine a retooled version of either of those making an appearance.

Reactions: Ahmanet
That’s actually a perfect description.

So, Yukon Yeti recreated the mirror scene from Swamp Yeti since that was so popular. What scene do we expect Campground Yeti to recreate from Yukon Yeti?

The door kill or the overhead scare were pretty memorable from that house, so I imagine a retooled version of either of those making an appearance.

Would be curious with it being the mountains if there would be a trailhead saying "Shadow Creek Lake" or "Shadow Creek Trail", as Yukon had the "Shadow Creek Camp" reference to Havoc. Also, what other wildlife we may see, like a certain HHN bear? :idea:

High hopes for this house, honestly taking the top for me as Yukon was my favorite of 2019. I would expect the overhead scare, arm scare, maybe even the recreation of the gunshot richochet with maybe a park ranger shooting at the Yeti.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Would be curious with it being the mountains if there would be a trailhead saying "Shadow Creek Lake" or "Shadow Creek Trail", as Yukon had the "Shadow Creek Camp" reference to Havoc. Also, what other wildlife we may see, like a certain HHN bear? :idea:

High hopes for this house, honestly taking the top for me as Yukon was my favorite of 2019. I would expect the overhead scare, arm scare, maybe even the recreation of the gunshot richochet with maybe a park ranger shooting at the Yeti.
Now that you mention it, the return of HHN bear would be amazing!

So like Universal Monsters/The Weekend?
Fear Factor
Maximum Carnage
JP Evilution
Penn and Teller New’k Las Vegas
Alice Cooper
Chucky
The Thing: Assimilation
Monsters houses
The Weeknd

To name a few…

The way I categorize them is:

Intellectual Property (IP) - Houses that replicate characters, locations, and scene/story beats throughout the majority of the experience. Can apply to zones if there is no expressed variation in presented moments.

Licensed Original - Houses (or zones) that use non-HHN originated characters or locations to create experiences and over-arching stories unique to HHN. These require approval by rights holders for presentations of IP in new ways.

(Pure) Original - Experiences featuring characters wholly created by and for HHN.

Last edited:
Fear Factor
Maximum Carnage
JP Evilution
Alice Cooper
Chucky
Monsters houses
The Weeknd

To name a few…

Intellectual Property (IP) - Houses that replicate characters, locations, and scene/story beats throughout the majority of the experience. Can apply to zones if there is no expressed variation in presented moments.

Licensed Original - Houses (or zones) that use non-HHN originated characters or locations to create experiences and over-arching stories unique to HHN. These require approval by rights holders for presentations of IP in new ways.

(Pure) Original - Experiences featuring characters wholly created by and for HHN.
if That’s the case, then I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE A Licensed Original house on Killer Klowns! That would be SO EPIC!

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Fear Factor
Maximum Carnage
JP Evilution
Alice Cooper
Chucky
Monsters houses
The Weeknd

To name a few…

Where do you put Body Collectors?

An original. Bit of a ripoff of an IP, but they’re not licensed at all so that would be an original.
This. There are, technically, two type of (Pure) Original or “Not Licensed Original.” Those are Rips and Births. (Three if I want to get really pedantic).

Rips - Originals that are very obvious rip-offs of IP, but are not licensed. Those include Body Collectors, Demon Cantina, and the DIE-Ins.

Births - True originals. Nightingales, Gothic, Fallen, Roanoke, Wicked Growth, etc. Houses that are inspired but not direct Rips can fit into this too, such as Depths of Fear and Darkest Deal. Those “inspired but not rip-offs” is the pedantic third category.

Regardless, the key differentiation is licensing and story. In that order of importance. If it’s licensed, it cannot be an original. If it’s not licensed, it cannot be an IP.

Last edited:
Great house and the Yetis were just as I imaged. It also had some great set.
the lake room comes to mind
They also brought something back
the reach down scare

So uh... what does the Yeti do in the RV at the Retirement Party scene?
Alex Boniello Comedy GIF by CBS