Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
AmusementPics posted some pics of the status of the area. It appears another section of the rightmost building has now come down.

030912-(16).jpg

030912-(15).jpg

There is so much information in the article, I find it really hard to believe they "found" it. Nice marketing though.

There is so much information in the article, I find it really hard to believe they "found" it. Nice marketing though.

Why not? A friend on twitter is the one that found the Diagon Alley layout.

If you know where to look, you can easily find these things on government websites.

Well there’s one with eels, one with Jellyfish, a polar bear and penguins. I guess they just created a broad variety of impressions. I guess that's animals we are going to expect to run into.

No word from SeaWorld yet on my tweets and a blogpost. They are pretty active on Social Media Monitoring. If I don't have a message by the end of the day its' seeding 100%. :)

Last edited:
I am just happy it appears to be a full fledged dark ride. Sea World definiately needed that sort of thing. Having JUST Animal shows and coasters should be a thing of the past.

I am just happy it appears to be a full fledged dark ride. Sea World definiately needed that sort of thing. Having JUST Animal shows and coasters should be a thing of the past.

Speaking with Brian Morriw during Manta's Media Day, I remember him saying they had 6 ideas in mind, with one being a dark ride before settling on Manta. When asked if he could give a hint, his response was basically "All the ideas are placed on a shelf, and when we want to build the next ride, we may just go back to one of those ideas.".

I can assure you that it wasn't "given" either.

What are you implying, exactly? Everything we post at ParkRumors can easily be found on the internet. We also post source links to exactly where our content comes from. In this case, the Penguin concept art was found on Xiaogang Zhu's blog, just like the article says. We found it by simply searching Google for "Seaworld Orlando 2013" in quotes just like that. His website was the 8th result, and is linked in the article.

We found the vehicle concept on Josh Gierer's Corflot profile while doing research for our Look Back on Cheetah Hunt. His profile can be easily brought up by searching the Coroflot member gallery for either "busch gardens" or "cheetah hunt". We didn't think anything of the vehicle concept when we first found it, but after seeing the new concept and taking a second look at the SFWMD plans, we thought they might be for this project.

Here are links so you can see for yourself:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q="SeaWorld+Orlando+2013"

http://www.coroflot.com/public/project_home.asp?keywords=cheetah+hunt&search=search

http://www.coroflot.com/public/project_home.asp?keywords=busch+gardens&search=search

It doesn't take a rocket scientist run a few simple searches and put some pieces together.