Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
LOLOLOLOL!!!! His ENTIRE BLOG is gone, including all the pictures! It is just his name and occu. in his listing. Phew... I thought I had lost my mind yesterday. Even if the artwork isn't used, it was commissioned by Seaworld and therefore Seaworld owns the rights to all of it. That is the way the biz has always worked.

SeaWorld has a poor reputation of keeping projects under wraps. Similar thing happened when Manta was being constructed. As much as I love concept art, I hate illegally leaked concept art.

Hmm maybe not so much marketing after all .... At the same time, plans from both Manta as Cheetah Hunt leaked at just the right moment to have some nice speculation going on, just several months before the official release.

I guess I need some updating on my blog too, as I don't wan't to use any illegal material.
By the way, the dude that designed the ride vehicle sketches, also had many Cheetah Hunt and Manta San Diego designs online, that he took down last night.

Last edited:
The current situation at the construction site

Highres can be selected here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57835821@N00/6897372626/sizes/c/in/photostream/

6897372626_3328a3e110_c.jpg

Compared to only a few weeks ago they cleared out the area nicely

030912-(16).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Felipe
:lol: At first only the second photo loaded and I was like what the hell are they doing speed it up!

Reactions: Fun
This IS the ride vehicle ;-)

"Next to state-of-the-art ride, Antarctica will also include an up-close penguin habitat, a restaurant and a retail location" the company said Tuesday

seaworlds-antarctica-empire-of-the-penguin.jpg

Alright so trackless ride vehicles with large open sets and animal encounters it is!

Oh wow, this is my first time looking at this thread. Things are looking great. I've been hoping for a swift Sea World recovery and it seems they are taking the right steps.

Wow. This is going to be SO impressive. AND COLD! If they really do go trackless, I'm honestly shocked that it's a Busch park and not Disney or Universal who brought this technology stateside first. Bravo.

Tower of Terror is trackless. :thumbs:

Very, very, very different ride systems. ToT uses the same idea as GMR and UoE, not the true trackless ride system.

I don't know what to make of this. Are we talking real penguins next to people here? Penguin colonies always stink to high heaven so I would hope not.

I've been told this is the case. Dunno how they'll do it...but yea.

Very, very, very different ride systems. ToT uses the same idea as GMR and UoE, not the true trackless ride system.

Technically it's trackless. Define true trackless ride system. Are we talking programmed vehicles that just know a path to go (and from the article) depending on the intensity level selected by the guest? It sounds like a technical nightmare waiting to happen.