Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What are you implying, exactly? Everything we post at ParkRumors can easily be found on the internet. We also post source links to exactly where our content comes from. In this case, the Penguin concept art was found on Xiaogang Zhu's blog, just like the article says. We found it by simply searching Google for "Seaworld Orlando 2013" in quotes just like that. His website was the 8th result, and is linked in the article.

We found the vehicle concept on Josh Gierer's Corflot profile while doing research for our Look Back on Cheetah Hunt. His profile can be easily brought up by searching the Coroflot member gallery for either "busch gardens" or "cheetah hunt". We didn't think anything of the vehicle concept when we first found it, but after seeing the new concept and taking a second look at the SFWMD plans, we thought they might be for this project.

Here are links so you can see for yourself:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q="SeaWorld+Orlando+2013"

http://www.coroflot.com/public/project_home.asp?keywords=cheetah+hunt&search=search

http://www.coroflot.com/public/project_home.asp?keywords=busch+gardens&search=search

It doesn't take a rocket scientist run a few simple searches and put some pieces together.

My implication was that SeaWorld did not give you the artwork and plans, as Fun said it was a nice marketing move.

I am getting super excited about this attraction. From the lay out it seems that the only way you will be able to see the penguins is by riding this attraction.

That is kind of exciting. I can't wait to see what this story line is, and how this ride play out

Still no reprimand from SeaWorld on my blog, Gmail, Twitter or Facebook.
If I would’ve written this blog, I would have wallpapered the online theme park world with it. I would not have posted it late at night with a tiny little Tweet, waiting to be picked up by others. But hey, that’s just my big Ego. No one else would do it that way ;-) Especially with a scoop

How does Zhu get away with that? The few big concept artists I have talked with are terrified of posting their stuff online. At least one will not post his artwork even though attraction is now open, not wanting to get clobbered again by a park's legal counsel.

How does Zhu get away with that? The few big concept artists I have talked with are terrified of posting their stuff online. At least one will not post his artwork even though attraction is now open, not wanting to get clobbered again by a park's legal counsel.

And there is a lot more where that came from....... Inspiring stuff

Based on the titles “sequence 1 to 4” of the renderings I would say we will go over the ice encountering Penguins, than dive under the ice with Penguins, run into the dark ocean with eels and Jelly Fish and finally resurface and meet the polar bears

Last edited:

Maybe these are designs that will not be used. I did find this on his blog and found it rather interesting. It showed a new park entrance.

Park entrace1 wave_2.jpg

Maybe these are designs that will not be used. I did find this on his blog and found it rather interesting. It showed a new park entrance.

View attachment 753

Yup, saw that too. I find it hard to Belieeeeve though, as 50% of that is Shamu. I think that would be shelved based on the strategy of giving him a marketing break.

Did you see all the Dubai comps. Very cool.
And there's also some of the other 6 ideas that Brian Morrow talked about. Can't say which one, but one of the impressions looks like something that was already discussed at SeaWorld in 2001 as a rough concept.

Last edited:
The octopus roller coaster concept is pretty sweet! To bad a lot of this will never be built with Dubai getting axed.

No word from SeaWorld yet on my tweets and a blogpost. They are pretty active on Social Media Monitoring. If I don't have a message by the end of the day its' seeding 100%. :)

SeaWorld's presentations/announcements of these upcoming projects haven't been the most secretive and they've been posting videos and updates on their own, so even if this latest wasn't actually released by them, I don't think they mind it that much anyways.

So, is this supposed to be a projection based attraction? I cannot imagine real animals. God forbid they would attempt animatronics.

I imagine we go through some rooms with projections and hopefully some physical props too, and then we will come to 'encounter' the real penguins in their exhibit at the end of the ride.

I really want them to use the "orlando snow" effect in this land. Make it feel cold even when it is scorching hot outside. Use large fans to move the air around and have snow flurries everywhere

^ Someone at the Power company is like....

[video=youtube;eYDkGJmSfy0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYDkGJmSfy0&feature=related[/video]